Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanting Advice on 532nm Laser Module Purchase

Default Wanting Advice on 532nm Laser Module Purchase

Well, I have the bug. I got into lasers a while back and have purchased a couple cheapo Chinese RGV systems, have played and now am an addict. I have used them to learn the Pangolin software and now I want to build a proper laser projector and get it varianced for my own personal use. I have looked over all the paperwork and requirements and have a basic understanding of the complexity involved. I'm sure I will have far greater questions around the corner. I know this is going to be a long process and I'm in no hurry, so I have no reservations in doing a build.

I'm looking to start simple and do a single 1 - 2 Watt 532nm analog diode and power driver setup. In the future, I may add more colors, but for now I just want to keep it simple to learn.

My first question is where do I look for the laser module and what do I look for and what do I avoid. I want to make sure that I get what I'm paying for and not some over-exaggerated junk that will cost me more in the long run. I have looked at some stuff from AIXIZ and I'm noticing a wide variation in price on modules with the same power output. I have also looked at the Chinese stuff on ebay and I wonder if any of it is any good and if so what suppliers should I deal with.

I want to specifically know if there are any options on the power supply that I should look for to make getting the projector varianced easier.

All your input will be much appreciated. If anyone is located anywhere near my location of Somerset, KY that would be willing to allow me to meet them and share some info with me in person, it would also be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Ian

Hello Ian.

im really not the most experianced guy here but i can give you some advice as i was in your position about2 years agoo.

I ended up with an 1.7Watt 532 from "Viasho" sold by lasershowparts.com

But firstly, dont buy a 1-2Watter on Ebay. (there might be someone here who can recomend a seller on ebay although i dont think thats the way i would go.)

Second, i know Aixiz sell some lasermodules but ive never actually heard anything good about them, although they sell alot of other stuff that is really REALLY good.

So if where you i would contact the trusted and big manufactures/resellers. most of them are actually here on the forum.

But here is a list of some really good options for you.

www.Lasershowparts.com
    I bought my 1.7watter from them and they give great service and two ppl from that company are well known members here on this forum: "Aiji" and "Dave"

http://www.laser-wave.com/
    Laserwave is probably one of the biggest sellers here and probably also one of the best Chinese manufacturer of lasershow modules. One of there ppl is also a well known user here on this forum "Bridge"
    Although depending on where you are located in the world. Laserwave have resellers in basicly all continents that also is members here on this forum.. Just ask in the "Buy and sell" part of this forum and youl get intouch with some.

Laserwave has really nice reputation of there products and you can be sure that you will always get 100% service and many have stated that there lasers often produce more then that is stated.

www.CNI.com
    Probably one of the biggest manufaturer in China and have really good quality from what i have heard. dont knwo if they have a reprisentant here on this forum though.

www.Viasho.com
    Also a really good manufacturer from china, i bought mine from them although i bought it on lasershowparts.com website so that is probably the way to go.

If you have alot more money to spend you can ofcourse go with

http://www.kvant.sk/
    http://www.rgblasersystem.com/

but hope this list will help you. some othere here might have some other tips also.

Cheers and good luck.

/Rickard

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ireedz View Post
    If anyone is located anywhere near my location of Somerset, KY that would be willing to allow me to meet them and share some info with me in person, it would also be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Ian;

SELEM 2010 will be held in Newton, North Carolina, which is less than 5 hours from Somerset, KY. Why not make it a long weekend and come join us there? You'll meet several PL members who have built their own projectors, and you'll be able to see their gear and ask them all kinds of questions about the hardware they used. You also be able to see it in operation.

See the Meet and Greet sub-forum for details.

Adam

Rickard ,

Thanks for the helpful information. I had not checked out lasershowparts. I took a look at the website and they seem to have one of the better selections that I have seen.

Adam,

Thanks for bringing the event to my attention. I will check out the dates and see if it will work into my calendar.

Just finished a review of a 500mW laser from new line of lasers from 'Ultralasers'. Its modulation was very good, as well as linearity. It could be the perfect match for the linear 445 blues.
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ad.php?t=11710

They sell a range of powers up to 2W in 532.

drlava,

Thanks for the info. You did a great job reviewing. I will definitely consider that option.

CT Lasers in Connecticut sells VERY highly rated LaserWave lasers:

http://www.ctlasers.com/

It's run by Marc Arostsky, a.k.a "Gottaluvlasers" here on the forum.

I (and several others) would highly recommend the lasers AND the dealer!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

You can also contact Rick Hale (slicklasers on PL). He sells CNI lasers.

http://www.slicklasers.com

Gene

Stuka,

I see you are in Knoxville, at least partially. It is nice to see someone local, in an industry that seems to be very widespread.

Also thanks for the endorsement of CT.

I am going to try to make it to SELEM and check out what people are doing there and hopefully get some input that points me in the right direction.

Thanks to all......

Quote Originally Posted by ireedz View Post
    Stuka,

I see you are in Knoxville, at least partially. It is nice to see someone local, in an industry that seems to be very widespread.

Also thanks for the endorsement of CT.

I am going to try to make it to SELEM and check out what people are doing there and hopefully get some input that points me in the right direction.

Thanks to all......
    Yep, there's a few of us laser geeks in these parts -

ShawnB and myself in Knoxville; Mr. Coffee in Oak Ridge, and Mophead in Cookeville.
    Almost enough for a Tenn. LEM!!

SELEM is a GREAT way to learn a lot - hands on! - in a very short time, so hope you'll be able to make it!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....