Thread: Royal Mail... Robbing B*stards

Default Royal Mail... Robbing B*stards

Bah...

I've just received a small parcel from the USA, total value $29.95

Customs charges £0.00

Duty £0.00

V.A.T. £3.43

<Rant mode on>

Royal Mail handling fee £8.00... £8 F*cking Pounds!!!!!!!!!!!

The robbing B*stards!!!, it's not so bad on a high value item, but just look at it as a proportion of the goods value!

What the hell have they done to earn that eight quid, naff all.

Do I sound a little upset?, too bl**dy right I do!

O.K..... <Rant over>.... Sanity has been resumed

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Red face

Why the handling fee?
    Not enough postage?

Get onto the seller and get 'em to reimburse ya !

Apparently it's nothing to do with any undercharge as the correct postage was paid on the parcel. This is seemingly some supersekretprivatearrangement between her Maj's Customs and the Chuffin Royal Mail. Sting everbody for £8 and see if you can get away with it

Am I still mad?... Err... yes!

It wouldn't be so bad, but this is for some medication I need that I can't get in the UK... As I said... B*stards.

Phew... It takes a lot to get me cross, but this hit all the right buttons.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

I had the same thing on a parcel they DIDN'T actually deliver... They left a card and then charged me an £8 admin charge for taking it back to the depot...

Hang on I thought... If you deliver it costs me nothing, if I collect it coz you're too f*cking thick to find my house I have to pay 8 quid... WTF????

I am amazed they are still in business...

Mark

BTW: My house is behind electronic gates, so rather than dial the number on the gate so i can let them in, they leave a card at the gate...

Same here... This wasn't delivered. I just got a card through the door telling me I owed them £11.43 (V.A.T. & Charges), I then had to drive to the sorting office and pay them for collecting MY parcel... Bah humbug!

Yep, I think those cards must be embedded with gold leaf... The £8 is the cost of the card!!!! Complete rip off...

Mark

Try £8.63....
    (£8.00 + £0.63 VAT)

I was *most* annoyed that day...
    VAT on an item marked at $5 on the customs form. Their coffers must have been running very low that day...

(The RM "grey card of death" DID arrive neatly packaged inside a Fabergé egg, so I'll let them off...)
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Yep, just checked and the £8 charge is apparently for collecting the Duty and V.A.T. on behalf of the Customs.

Did I ask RM to pay that fee on my behalf?, did I chuff.

If the customs had asked me nicely i would have paid the V.A.T. directly to them by debit card thus saving myself the fee, but was I given that choice?, oh, goodness me, no, that would have been just too simple.

I've been hit with a compulsory fee that I had no choice but to pay.... I'm now off to calm down in a quiet corner before those nice young men in their clean white coats come to take me away haha... To the happy home, where basket weavers sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs etc. etc.

Jem

Oh dear... that does suck big time.

The worst is when you send a card and they wont deliver it because you owe £0.02p.

Pathetic...
    "An instant without duration"
    www.grahamthorne.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by skulpture View Post
    They wont deliver it because you owe £0.02p.
    That'll cost you the mighty sum of £1.02
    Bloody £1 administration fee...
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -