Thread: The Search for the perfect 532 green is over

Thumbs up The Search for the perfect 532 green is over

http://www.ultralasers.com/proinfo.p...age=1&featured

I tested this laser after Dr. Lava convinced me from his testing that it was worth the try. I put this green into my projector and I have to say I am really impressed with the modulation power stability and linearity. They did it right. I tested the 500mw model but the 300mw model is the same and I intend to buy one. Be prepared thou that the fan on the laser sounds like an argon running. Once in the case it's not soo bad but it is loud. That is my ONLY complaint. Nice job Ultra! I have no idea how the lower power stuff works. It has a different driver so I can't vouch for those lasers. The 500mw over powers the blue at 400mw so if you intend to run at 1 watt blue, I think the 500mw will balance it well. Now where to get enough red.....................

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    The 500mw over powers the blue at 400mw so if you intend to run at 1 watt blue, I think the 500mw will balance it well.
    For a balanced white, you are going to need a lot more green than 500mw if you intend on running the 445nm at 1w.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I am running the blue at 400mw and it is almost too bright to look at in my room. When you add the green to that it is painful to look at. This is not going to be used outside of my home. Like I said. This laser modualtes really clean but has high divergence and a loud fan. I think a beam expander and a tight projector box will fix those issues. I will see this evening if this is true.

500mw red + 400mw blue +300mw green=plenty for home use. This formula seems to be right to make a nice paper white around 5500k. It can actually do 6700k pretty well with excess blue. The real test is orange yellow and inbetween shades. This laser behaves well at low power and high power. I will however miss my pencil led thin beams.

Here is an aside. I noticed with my glasses on blue is in focus and red is out of focus but when I take them off red becomes in focus and blue is out of focus. No apochromatic glasses I assume!

By glasses, I'm assuming you mean corrective spectacles?

I wear glasses (astygmatism in both eyes) for short sightedness and it took me a while to realise that when viewing scanned images for alignment purposes I need to make sure that I view it straight on. If I turn my head to either side, the component colours shift to make it look like they aren't properly aligned.

Is this basically the refraction effect at work on the different wavelengths as they pass through the spectacle lense?

I've been able to get a very nice white with 150mW of green, 450mW of 445 and 300mW of 650.. weird ratios, but the output is quite nice.

yes i mean for my eyes. I'm really torn here to get the DHOM laser from ultralaser or get the cni. Anybody heard a CNI. how noisy are the fans on them? That is really my only hold up on buying this laser.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    http://www.ultralasers.com/proinfo.p...age=1&featured
    Be prepared thou that the fan on the laser sounds like an argon running. Once in the case it's not soo bad but it is loud. That is my ONLY complaint.
    I presume you are referring to an air cooled mini Argon my big wet ones are totally silent!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Is this basically the refraction effect at work on the different wavelengths as they pass through the spectacle lense?
    Yes. Your spectacle lenses are acting exactly like a prism, with the apex in the middle for negative (-) lenses and the base in the middle for positive (+) lenses. Obviously the higher your prescription the worse the problem is. Also, if you wear high refractive index lenses the problem will be worse. It's a real pain trying to align beams when you're a prescription spectacle wearer. Don't even get me started with the problems of Varifocals.
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Yep, I'm at least -4.5 in both eyes with astigmatism in both too (worse in both cases on the left). Now I'm aware of it it doesn't affect me so much, but to begin with my alignment was always drifting when in fact, it wasn't.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.