Thread: Anyone use Google Sketchup?

Default Anyone use Google Sketchup?

Has anyone used Google Sketup. I've been playing around with it for a while, and for a free program, it's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    Has anyone used Google Sketup. I've been playing around with it for a while, and for a free program, it's pretty good.
    I have used it quite a bit, I just lost a pile of my models but do check out the 3d warehouse before you re-create a bunch of stuff...

Cheap 20K Galvos: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=a9af64efb9c434687b3b602d3fd5b022&prevs tart=0

-Adam
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Quote Originally Posted by sugeek View Post
    I have used it quite a bit, I just lost a pile of my models but do check out the 3d warehouse before you re-create a bunch of stuff...

Cheap 20K Galvos: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=a9af64efb9c434687b3b602d3fd5b022&prevs tart=0

-Adam
    Excellent.
    I've created some accurate scale models:
    Laserwave LWG300mW module & PSU, Flexmount, Scanpro 20k scanners and a few more bits (see below)
    I'll put them on the ftp if any wants to use them
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LWG300mW.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	18187 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flexmount.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	18188 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scanpro20k.jpg 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	18191

Quote Originally Posted by RGbee View Post
    Excellent.
    I've created some accurate scale models:
    Laserwave LWG300mW module & PSU, Flexmount, Scanpro 20k scanners and a few more bits (see below)
    I'll put them on the ftp if any wants to use them
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LWG300mW.jpg 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	18187 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flexmount.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	18188 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scanpro20k.jpg 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	18191
    Those are pretty sweet the FTP is nifty, but add them to the 3D warehouse so everybody can use them ...

-Adam

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Question

Is there anyway to get these into a program to convert them to something scannable?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Is there anyway to get these into a program to convert them to something scannable?
    Once created, they save as .skp files. I guess there's something out there that can convert, maybe.

Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    I also found an old post about a script that adds an export to STL for so you can use them with solidworks etcetera (if you are not doing to an ILDA file). A cnc forum post had a link: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/archiv...p/t-21793.html for the software. I was referenced from is: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/archiv...p/t-21793.html with other solutions. But as Drlava noted, I did search.

-Adam