Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laserwave 532mw very low power when modulated

Have you called Marc about it?

Might want to send him a PM at least. Usually these things are done fairly quickly.

Adam

Interesting thread. I've also got a 300mW LW 532 that dropped to about 50% output after about 30hrs use.
    It is currently away with Rob, I believe being replaced due to a different issue (Rob tweaked it back up to power)

However, does this beg the question, is there something fundamentally wrong with the LW greens that is causing them to drop in power, or is it simply the nature of the beast with DPSS lasers?

If its just symptomatic of the technology, I guess I'd be nervous of buying anything without a warranty that couldn't be returned easily (god bless UK distributor!)

But then what do we do when the warranty period expires and it needs another tune up...?

Things like this keep me awake at night!

Or is it just coincidence?

Sorry, forgot to update this thread. It goes to figure the day I ask is the day it shows up. In talking to Marc, it seems this one's been through quite a journey, it didn't make it the first time he shipped it and was returned to him in a badly damaged box. However I'm happy to report the new laser is working beautifully. He even sent me a 600mw which is making a nice improvement. Big thanks to Marc for coming through on this. The delays were unfortunate, but for the most part I think out of his control.

Norty, I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps it's a factor of a short burn in test ? Not sure if this is the case, but could maybe explain why a certain amount fail after a number of hours.

As for the cause of failure, I'm still not entirely sure what happened with this one. Not only was it dim, but there was tons of scatter, and a halo around the beam with almost the divergence of a flashlight. I have no first hand knowledge, but could it be related to the crystal being burnt / poor temperature regulation of the crystal tec ?

How did yours fail ? Were the symptoms similar ?

Mine was unstable from day one on CW, but we thought that might be due to the factory now tuning them to be optimal undr modulated conditions. So we decided to leave it.

However, when I sent it back due to the low power (started at ~450mW, went to ~200mW in 30hrs), Rob managed to get it back up to power, but couldn't get it stable to his liking, so I'm awaiting a swap out to arrive from China.

Can't fault the service really from Rob or Bridge, Rob has been excellent in all my dealings over the last year or so