Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quickshow to ILDA ?? HELP

If the 'Beyond' platform (or whatever it is now known as) is indeed 'the way forward' I would love to see it as the base rendering engine for all Pangolin products. However, I suspect this may be quite major rebuilding of those products (if not starting all over) so it really depends on where Pangolins priorities lie with their limited resources.

Personally, I use LivePro, as QS isn't really designed to be a replacement (yet? ever?) for LP. As LP is the top of the tree (so to speak) for live show control, I'd love to see Beyond rendering incorporated. That said, given the beauty of the scanned images in QS, it would probably have better application in the apps more dedicated to scanned image and show design.

If content protection is the issue then there should be someway to "lock" frames, to stop them being exported. Leaving the option there for people to make their own frames.

As of a later version of LivePro, the option to create or edit frame animation content was removed.
    Just using the FB3, it is impossible to create content for LivePro - this is extremely frustrating, as I only use my FB3 now for live events.

You can create frames in LiveQuick, but they do not work with LivePro
    You can create frames in QuickShow, but they do not work with LivePro
    You can shoe-horn some content from LAStuido into LivePro, but LAStudio does not allow frame creation.
    So it's impossible to create even the simplest of effects for use with LivePro without using LD2000...

Does anyone have a solution to this?
    OR could the create/edit animation feature of LivePro be brought back.

I'll pop all this in an email to Bill too...

Ta,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

PM sent ..........

I think maybe part of the issue , which i beleive most people have forgotten is that the FB3 was originally launched as a Hobbyist platform for non-commercial use , so it wasnt meant to be all encompassing in terms of features and compatibility.

Im not sure if thats still part of the licence agreement , but im sure the original ethos was it was a hobbyist platform for "introduction" to the power of pangolin.

I think there was meant to be a kind of tacit agreement of we give you all this amazing quality hardware and software at kind of loss leading price to get you on the ladder and then you buy the full monty ( LD 2000 intro etc ) if you start doing commercial shows.

I remember when I first got my FB3 being blown away by its quality and software features and even now I struggle to justify the upgrade in terms of extra features "needed" by me and scraping together the cash for it . I remember wondering if it would be financial suicide for them as LD sales would drop but i guess they are "doin alright"

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

That may well be the case, but then why release LivePro for FB3?

I think the origianl LA Freak package and ethos behind it may well have devloped since then. Certainly, as soon as they started to put the bare boards in cases it moved away from the hobbyist area.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    I think maybe part of the issue , which i beleive most people have forgotten is that the FB3 was originally launched as a Hobbyist platform for non-commercial use , so it wasnt meant to be all encompassing in terms of features and compatibility.

Im not sure if thats still part of the licence agreement , but im sure the original ethos was it was a hobbyist platform for "introduction" to the power of pangolin.

I think there was meant to be a kind of tacit agreement of we give you all this amazing quality hardware and software at kind of loss leading price to get you on the ladder and then you buy the full monty ( LD 2000 intro etc ) if you start doing commercial shows.

I remember when I first got my FB3 being blown away by its quality and software features and even now I struggle to justify the upgrade in terms of extra features "needed" by me and scraping together the cash for it . I remember wondering if it would be financial suicide for them as LD sales would drop but i guess they are "doin alright"

PAUL
    If FB3 is, as you suggest, merely a gateway drug, then they've made a fundamental mistake not giving discounts for upgrading from FB3 -> LD2000. The impression I get is that they are not as far-sighted as that, and that they keep getting "cool ideas" that they are excellent at productising but with little semblance of forward or backward compatibility. And when people complain about that they're just reminded about the coolness of the ideas.

Mind you: according to a post by Bill on the Pango forum, there will be support for QS2 -> LQ / SD card, w00t! If so, I will take everything back :-)

http://www.pangolin.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788

So they've delayed the release while someone codes the feature, right?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    So they've delayed the release while someone codes the feature, right?
    All my nagging and whining has been worth it

And just quickly on this point, the 'LA Freak' package was the one for non-commercial use. If you bought the 'Eval' kit (which included the daughter boards - I think this was designed for projector manufacturers to be able to see what the board was all about before incorporating into their products) then this did cover you commercially - for $50 more and getting the extra boards as well, I thought it was cheap, especially with the exchange rate at the time....

I'll say again, if the FB3 was never designed for commercial shows, why port a USB version of LivePro (the pinnacle of their live control software) to it?