Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM - required equipment thread

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    ...As for the LAN administrator, I think that's going to be Aaron. And if we do things the same way as last time, we'll use the DHCP server that's built-in to the router to configure everyone's IP address automatically. Aaron will still have to assign each projector to a projection zone manually, but that's something he's done several times before. Once it's done, Aaron's machine will become the master controller for all LD-2000 machines on the network.

When it comes time to show content from other LD-2000 systems, Aaron will have to move to that machine and re-configure the zones on that machine. It's not hard, and once he's got it done on his machine he can copy the data to a document and paste it in on the other machine in no time. (Then that machine will be able to control all LD-2000 systems on the network.)

I'm probably going to ask that all Pangolin LD-2000 owners plug their systems into the network so they can be synchronized with the .net application. That will leave the maximum number of ports free on the ILDA splitter for non-Pangolin projectors. This way, people who are not running Pangolin can plug their projectors into the splitter, and their projector will be able to display the same shows as all the Pangolin ones.

And when it comes time to watch shows from other controllers (like Full Auto, Mamba, or even shows made with Spaghetti and displayed on a sound card DAC), we can plug that one controller into the splitter box and still have at least 10 projectors running those shows!

Adam
    Sounds good -

DHCP should work fine - he'll just need to set aside the addresses for the QM2000.net boxes.

No reconfiguration should be required for most of the commercial graphics shows - single zone, one projector, keeps it simple!

For the secured shows, we will need to be able to switch controllers, since the shows are linked to the imbedded serial number of the controller.
    Last edited by Stuka; 07-22-2010 at 16:19.
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

I'm assuming we're covered with the required gear to smoke the place out again... ?

RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

Randy;

I'll have my big Antari unit, and I think DJMatt will be bringing his large fogger. Beyond that, I don't know.

I'd like to have at least one more large fogger there though - just as a back-up, or maybe a hazer or fazer... Not sure yet what everyone is bringing. You volunteering to bring yours?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Randy;

I'll have my big Antari unit, and I think DJMatt will be bringing his large fogger. Beyond that, I don't know.

I'd like to have at least one more large fogger there though - just as a back-up, or maybe a hazer or fazer... Not sure yet what everyone is bringing. You volunteering to bring yours?

Adam
    I added it to my list of stuff.... I need a bigger truck!!
    RR

Sweet.....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    I need a bigger truck!!
    Me too! That's why I'll be hauling that 4 x 8 trailer up there again this year. It hurts the gas mileage, but it's the only way I can bring all the gear!

Adam

I have a Boom Stand I can bring for a mic, if needed, but my cable is only 10', since I use it in my bedroom. I also have a shock mount that goes on the end of the boom. Finally, it sounds like someone else has the mixer covered, but I have a nice little Behringer Xenyx X1204FX, that can be backup just in case.

Thumbs up Bring the mixer!

Please bring your mixer! I can only connect 8 stereo channels to mine, and from time to time we need to get audio from another computer (frequently located on the other side of the stage) connected to the sound system. Plugging and un-plugging audio cables with a live system is a pain... It would be great if we could put your mixer on one side, mine on the other, and then send the audio from yours to mine. That would give us greater flexibility.

Probably won't need the mic stand... *IF* we have a presenter (unsure at this point), they usually use a wireless mic and walk around. Even if they use a wired mic, they'll still be walking around, so a stand probably won't help.

Adam

Question

Let me know if I need to bring my 2nd spiderbox (distro to you guys..lol!) Or anything elese.
    This is going to be FUN!!!
    DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Smile

Hey Matt;

I was finally able to pick up one of the GE THQB-series captive breakers for that industrial breaker panel they have at SELEM, so we're all set. Little bastard was expensive, but it's worth it since now we'll be able to pull 100 amps if need be.

So bring the distro with the fattest wire you have. (If you only have the one with number 8 wire, we'll have to drop back to the 50 amp breaker we used last time, but I'd like to use the bigger breaker if you've got the wire to support it. Either number 4 or number 6 would be great.)

My distro has # 8 wire on it, by the way...

Adam

Talking

Awesome!!!
    I just went and checked Ive got one with #6 and one with #8. So Ill bring the #8 one. I think theres about theres about 100ft of cord on it.
    Oh is anyone bringing hoses for water hook up for some Ions? Id like to bring a SP 165. Didnt know if anyone was already bringing hoses.

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt