Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM - required equipment thread

Smile

Er, no - please bring the one with the # 6 wire. It will be able to handle more current. (#6 wire is larger than # 8 wire dude...)

Or you could bring both if you want, but the one with the # 6 wire is the one we really want.

If *anyone* plans to bring a water-cooled ion laser, please bring your own hoses and be sure they're sized appropriately for your laser. Smaller heads (like an I-60) can get away with small hose, but larger heads need more water. I wouldn't suggest trying to use someone else's hose, lest you end up starving your laser and overheating it.

Figure on a minimum of two 25 ft sections of hose. A 25 footer and a 50 footer is probably the optimal solution, since it will allow us to route the discharge out the loading dock door to the storm sewer. (The water source is next door to the room with the 3 phase power panel.)

How many people are planning to bring water-cooled ion lasers? (Hands?)

Adam

Red face

Mybad..... I ment to say #6... Its called talking on the phone and writing at the same time....
    Ok that works. Just thought Id ask.
    If I have room Ill bring my SP 165

Oh does anyone need 3 pin DMX cables? Ive got about a mile of them Let me know and Ill bring some.

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by djmatt View Post
    Mybad..... I ment to say #6... Its called talking on the phone and writing at the same time....
    HAHA! No problem pal...
    If I have room Ill bring my SP 165
    Cool. I might bring one of my argons - not sure yet. Maybe the I-60...
    Oh does anyone need 3 pin DMX cables? Ive got about a mile of them Let me know and Ill bring some.
    Please bring spares! They can double as XLR cables in a pinch. Plus there will be at least 2, and possibly as many as 5 DMX controller present. Extra cables are always appreciated! (Label them though, so you're sure you'll get them back.)

Adam

Cool

Can do!!! Plus Ill bring my small Mobo and stick it some were.

Oh does anyone know how to fix a Laserworld 473nm. blue? I fired mine up lastnight, and it just went out, I hear something flopping around inside....

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Ok fixed the blue I guess it was the KTP that fell out... good old LaserW---d...

DJ Matt
    Arc Flash the wonderbolt

Default Emory Gods light shows DLP projector 3000 lumens

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hey guys;
    Does anyone have either an LCD or a DLP projector that they could bring to SELEM? It would need to be someone who is planning on staying for Casey Stack's Laser Safety Seminar on Monday...

Reason I ask is that the guy I had lined up to bring one may not be able to attend now. And I'd like to have one available at SELEM, but I'll *need* one on Monday for Casey's presentation. (He's got slides on his laptop that he'll need to display for the group.)

I'm thinking that with the recent run on those Casio "slim green" projectors, someone ought to have one of those laying around that they can bring, right?

Also, it's not required, but it would be nice if someone could bring a wireless microphone. I've got a wired mic that we can use if we have to, but a wireless one would be much nicer. So, anyone have one that they'd be willing to bring with them to SELEM?

Adam
    I have one that I can bring for the seminar, thats if nobody else has committed to bring one
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Is XLR ok for audio? Also when is setup?

Finally if no one has claimed the ends of the scaffolding I would like to mount my 2 mobolazers on each end?

Smile

Hi Frank;

Half of the channels on my mixer have XLR inputs, so that will work just fine. (Wait, why am I telling you this? I bought the mixer from you! You probably know 10 times more about it than I do!)

Setup starts at Noon on Friday, August 20th. Those trusses on the side scaffolds would be perfect for your mobo units. (Didn't know you had a matched set... Cool!) I may have my Q-beam unit ready by then as well - not 100% sure though. (Gonna have to ask you to give me another tutorial session on operating the DMX lighting controller though... I can't remember half of the stuff you showed me in Florida!)

Don't know how much other gear will be on those trusses, but my guess is - not much. So space shouldn't be a problem for that. Still, at least one other person (Stuka) will also be bringing a truss, so if we need more room, we can always hang another one.

Adam

ah ok I wasn't sure if we were using that mixer since you only mentioned RCA jacks...

I am not bringing the little-g mobolazer, just these little guys

Thumbs up

Wow! When did you get those? (And how much?)

Very cool dude!

Adam