Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which scope??

Where from?
    That's $60 cheaper than DealExtreme.
    I've been eyeing one up for a few weeks now...
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

A shop at a huge electronics market here in Dalian, China. A must visit if you have any interest in electronics and happen to be around. Very good prices on most items. I'd tell you what it's called, but it's all weird signs you know...

Oh, it's definitely recommended that you bring a Chinese guy with you if you go.

Thanks for all the info and suggestions guys. I think I'll just keep my eyes on ebay for a while as I am not in any real rush to pick one up.

Cheers
    Rich

Rich, Where are you in the world and are you planning on attending SELEM?

Damn I keep forgetting to update my profile. Will do it in a second. Normally based in the UK but currently out in the Western Caribbean. I am looking into flights for SELEM. I was due to go to the Florida Keys with my girlfriend at the end of August but she now has work constraints which frees me up. It all depends on the cost of flights. I have a trip planned to Vegas in November to se Roger Waters and that is swallowing a lot of disposable funds.

Fingers crossed

Cheers
    Rich

Smile

Hi Rich;

Would be great to see you at SELEM! It would also be a fantastic experience for you. Lots of lasers, lots of people to talk to, and two full days to soak up knowledge. (Three, if you could stay on Monday for Casey Stack's special laser safey and compliance seminar.)

Consider flights into Asheville or Greensboro if Charlotte ends up being too pricey. They're all within 90 minutes of the venue. (For that matter, you could even consider flying into Columbia, SC and then drive a little longer - 2.5 hrs) Even so though, my guess is that you'll be looking at around a $400 round trip price.

Adam

owning both a 60Mhz phillips analogue scope, and a 400Mhz Tek digital scope, the analogue one gets way way more use than the digital
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Quote Originally Posted by SrS View Post
    I own a Rigol DS1102E and am very happy with it.
    I have a Rigol DS1102D (the mixed-signal version of the same thing) and I love it to bits. Use it every day, it's totally awesome.

Flights are looking at around 600 at the moment. I will keep looking though!

The old one I have would be way too heavy to ship back home for ya. It's old but a great scope.

Sorry