Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wee need an ILDA Download section.

Default Wee need an ILDA Download section.

If we had this, we could trade graphics, and such.. MAybe we could even start developing laser software..

Great idea! I was searching a lot on the web but there's not a lot of files...

JayDC. are you digging through the backgound of this site?

I am currently trying to get a file database setup for just such a venture.

Im hoping I can get something working soon, A simple FTP server would work but im aiming for something more elaborate with a PHP web front end.

Ive got about 150megs of ILD files that need a home.

Stay tuned.

check out, www.runcms.org I have experience with this suject, so if you need any help, ask...

Default photondream laserframe database

this just in ...

http://www.photondream.com/frames/

There's only one test frame in there now - I'm just putting the finishing touches on the download functionality - sometime in the next day or two I'll hopefully have the upload features working ...

anyone who's interested, let me know and I'll make you an upload account -

-Josh[/url]

Default ummm

http://www.alpha-networks.co.uk/vent/

Simple is nice to, something like the above link. Order the files into relevant folders.

Quick. Easy to use and find what you want.
    Regards,

Aidan

I'll take an upload account, when the system is ready. I have alot to share, although we better be careful, only submit stuff that we make, and thats public domain. So it doesn't get shut down.

Default phew ...

well, it's working, for now ... I look a lot like this bug-eyed smiley after too many hours at the computer right now...

Aidan: thanks for the suggestion, good idea - I implemented a nested directory structure - I have to make some "folder" icons and it'll look just (well, almost) like that link you sent-

jayDC: I made you an account - I will PM you the login information - and I agree, one copyrighted file viewed by the wrong angry laserist could potentially cost us this whole project ... I've got a disclaimer that you have to agree with before you upload, as well as a review-before-making-it-public system in place ... hopefully this will deter any problems of that nature -

...still open to suggestions about the whole thing - let me know what you guys think-

-Josh

This is definately the right direction. Once it's complete, we should try to add an rss or xml data feed, and allow other lasersites access to the code, and make it a network of free ilda images that is spread throughout the sites running the code.

Damn good job Josh!

Default RSS I can do!

Done ... http://www.photondream.com/frames/rss.php now lists the 10 most recent files uploaded - you can even subscribe to it in firefox!

great idea!

-josh