Thread: FB3 enclosure

Default FB3 enclosure

So its about time I put my 2 FB3s into some sort of enclosure. I was running them inside the projector enclosure but now I'm looking at making some satellite projectors and will have to share FB3s.

What enclosures are you all using? I'd like to be able to fit in 2 3pin XLRs for DMX so it is available in the future if needed. Is there anything with the 25 d-type already cut out?

Any ebay suggestions?

Cheers
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by neutrino View Post
    So its about time I put my 2 FB3s into some sort of enclosure. I was running them inside the projector enclosure but now I'm looking at making some satellite projectors and will have to share FB3s.

What enclosures are you all using? I'd like to be able to fit in 2 3pin XLRs for DMX so it is available in the future if needed. Is there anything with the 25 d-type already cut out?

Any ebay suggestions?

Cheers
    Rich
    Hi Rich,
    Depending on where you're located, some people (me included) have used these:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=33690

Although there are no cutouts provided, it's easy enough to cut as the ends are made of plastic. Plus, there's ample room for the board, plus a power supply.

Cheers
    Adrian

"plus a power supply."

If you havent already done so consider the MOD to make the units power supply free and run off of USB , its so much easier , one less thing to go wrong and one less power socket to find

I was wary ... but it really works great , never heard any complaints and its been working greta for me for over a year

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Hey RGBee,

That should do the trick. Thanks

I run my FB3 powered from the usb port. Makes things much easier. If I need to run it stand alone without a PC attached I just use an iPod power supply instead of the laptop.

Works a treat.

Cheers
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    "plus a power supply."

If you havent already done so consider the MOD to make the units power supply free and run off of USB , its so much easier , one less thing to go wrong and one less power socket to find

I was wary ... but it really works great , never heard any complaints and its been working greta for me for over a year

PAUL
    Paul, i guess you have the newer generation of FB3. Do you know how to MOD the older units?. I've read elsewhere, it's slightly more awkward

Adrian

It's easy-peasy on the old units. Simply bridge the 2 copper holes by the USB board (if you do a search of the forum, probably for my name and fb3 you'll find a pic that someone put a circle on them for you) The best way is just to solder a pin header into them. You can then switch on buss power by adding a jumper, or remove it if you need to use external power for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    It's easy-peasy on the old units. Simply bridge the 2 copper holes by the USB board (if you do a search of the forum, probably for my name and fb3 you'll find a pic that someone put a circle on them for you) The best way is just to solder a pin header into them. You can then switch on buss power by adding a jumper, or remove it if you need to use external power for any reason.
    Thanks matey

Ad