Thread: Livepro : Copying a cue from one workspace to another ?

Default Livepro : Copying a cue from one workspace to another ?

I was wondering if it's possible to copy a cue from one workspace to another ?

I noticed there aren't any mirrorball patterns in the playtime2007 workspace. Is there any way to transfer one or two from the default workspace ?

Also a related question. I have the fb3 version of livepro, and there is are included folders with some effects, keyeffects, colour cycles, but no folder of image cues. Now I bought it used, so I'm not sure if I'm missing a disk of image cues, or if that's the way it's supposed to come ?

Thanks,

Miles

EDIT : Also, anyone know if it's possible to map the sliders in the beat / audio modulation area to midi ? I dug around through the settings but couldn't find anything, was wondering if I missed it maybe. Could be a useful feature to map say at least one for the size and one for the v position to make it easier to smoothly transition between those.
    Last edited by m0f; 07-18-2010 at 00:38.

Quote Originally Posted by m0f View Post
    I was wondering if it's possible to copy a cue from one workspace to another ?

I noticed there aren't any mirrorball patterns in the playtime2007 workspace. Is there any way to transfer one or two from the default workspace ?.
    The way to do this is to save the page of cues and tghen delete the ones you don't want...
    1. Go to the page with the cues you want to copy.
    2. Go to the File menu and select Save Page this will create a file with the extension .lpp
    3. Open your new/other workspace and select an empty page
    4. Go to the File menu and select Open Page
    5. Navigate to the page you saved earlier
    6. Delete any unwanted cues

Also a related question. I have the fb3 version of livepro, and there is are included folders with some effects, keyeffects, colour cycles, but no folder of image cues. Now I bought it used, so I'm not sure if I'm missing a disk of image cues, or if that's the way it's supposed to come ?
    There is no folder of images. An older version of LivePro had a built in Image Editor, but this was a bit flaky and was omitted from later versions of the software. You need to create your images in LD2000 or something similar...

EDIT : Also, anyone know if it's possible to map the sliders in the beat / audio modulation area to midi ? I dug around through the settings but couldn't find anything, was wondering if I missed it maybe. Could be a useful feature to map say at least one for the size and one for the v position to make it easier to smoothly transition between those.
    I don't think this is possible, as the Beat Audio controls are not sliders as a fader would be.. You can slide left to right and right to left, essentially changing the values between the red and green triangles.. A MIDI fader would not be able to replicate this..

[SHAMELESS BLAG] I wrote a rather handy LivePro training DVD which covers pretty much everything and has been approved by Pangolin... You can order a copy here: www.laserinsanity.co.uk/pangolin [/SHAMELESS BLAG]

Mark

Oh cheers, thank you for the tips. I had noticed the save page option, but hadn't explored in any further.

Yeah I've been planning to order a training dvd as soon as I have a bit of expendable income again. I've been tinkering for many hours but I'm sure I've missed a ton