Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: laser design studio / he-laserscan software

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west sussex uk
    Posts
    2,279

    Default laser design studio / he-laserscan software

    does anyone have the manual in english ?
    i have been playing with the demo software, and i just dont get it
    i cant even find how to do a simple thing like draw a circle and put it on the time line
    so i tried to edit the demo show and all i get when i try to move anything on the time line
    is the dam time line marker follow the mouse cursor
    desperatly trying to find a new dac and software i even tried the he-laserscan demo
    i could not do anything on that either, what's with german software why is it so complicated
    have they not hear of drag and drop

    hints on how to use this software welcome
    are there any enlish tut's anywhere
    thanks
    chris

  2. #2

    Default

    I have the manual for LDS on my computer but too big for the forum
    I will give it to you via msn if it could help you..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west sussex uk
    Posts
    2,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kl79 View Post
    I have the manual for LDS on my computer but too big for the forum
    I will give it to you via msn if it could help you..

    if you can send via msn that would be cool
    how big is it ?
    let me know your msn addy and i will log in
    thanks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    does anyone have the manual in english ?
    i have been playing with the demo software, and i just dont get it
    i cant even find how to do a simple thing like draw a circle and put it on the time line
    so i tried to edit the demo show and all i get when i try to move anything on the time line
    is the dam time line marker follow the mouse cursor
    desperatly trying to find a new dac and software i even tried the he-laserscan demo
    i could not do anything on that either, what's with german software why is it so complicated
    have they not hear of drag and drop

    hints on how to use this software welcome
    are there any enlish tut's anywhere
    thanks
    chris
    Hi, LDS is very capable once you get used to it. For dragging and resizing on the timeline, use the right mouse button. The left mouse button is for double-clicking for editing options and changing the current play position. This method ensures you don't accidentally slide something on the timeline as you click.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west sussex uk
    Posts
    2,279

    Default

    thanks dr lava
    sorry for the questions
    does lds come with a good lib of frames to use for shows ?
    the live section does it work with midi ie can i use my korg nano to control it ?
    do you know of any tut's or videos on how to use it ?
    finaly i see you sell the lumax with lds, is the lumax as good as an easylase for display ?
    thanks
    chris

    Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Hi, LDS is very capable once you get used to it. For dragging and resizing on the timeline, use the right mouse button. The left mouse button is for double-clicking for editing options and changing the current play position. This method ensures you don't accidentally slide something on the timeline as you click.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    thanks dr lava
    sorry for the questions
    does lds come with a good lib of frames to use for shows ?
    the live section does it work with midi ie can i use my korg nano to control it ?
    do you know of any tut's or videos on how to use it ?
    finaly i see you sell the lumax with lds, is the lumax as good as an easylase for display ?
    thanks
    chris
    Hi, LDS comes with 130 or so shows, I think that is a pretty good library of frames and abstracts to start with. The frames are kept in a 'cat' file for storage. The shows are largely a mix. Some are very good, some are just so-so. Not many of them utilize the software's full potential in my opinion, but the demo show is a good tutorial for using the software. Spend time going through that to see the effects and how things are put together.
    The live section does work with with midi (also pre-programmed shows do, to for added effects) not only can you use midi to trigger sequences, but midi can be used to control effect and colorization parameters as well.
    There is a German tutorial that covers all the basics that could be run through a translator, but that would be a little rough. I don't know of any complete english tutorials. Maybe someone can help out?

    I do not sell LDS with Lumax, sorry. Lumax has their own software that comes with the DACs.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    west sussex uk
    Posts
    2,279

    Default thanks

    hi thanks for all the info
    sorry i typed the wrong dac i meant the riya multi bus
    is the output as good as my old easylase was ? is it ok for raster scan as well ?
    your package deal on ebay looks very good value,you can't even buy lds dynamics for that kind of money,
    you will have to excuse me for questions as i have already made two bad mistakes in buying dac and software,one was just unstable ,the other because of its output modulation does not work very well with my laserwaves
    thanks for you help
    i will study the manual and may well make a purchase at the weekend
    regards
    chris

    Quote Originally Posted by drlava View Post
    Hi, LDS comes with 130 or so shows, I think that is a pretty good library of frames and abstracts to start with. The frames are kept in a 'cat' file for storage. The shows are largely a mix. Some are very good, some are just so-so. Not many of them utilize the software's full potential in my opinion, but the demo show is a good tutorial for using the software. Spend time going through that to see the effects and how things are put together.
    The live section does work with with midi (also pre-programmed shows do, to for added effects) not only can you use midi to trigger sequences, but midi can be used to control effect and colorization parameters as well.
    There is a German tutorial that covers all the basics that could be run through a translator, but that would be a little rough. I don't know of any complete english tutorials. Maybe someone can help out?

    I do not sell LDS with Lumax, sorry. Lumax has their own software that comes with the DACs.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    2,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    hi thanks for all the info
    sorry i typed the wrong dac i meant the riya multi bus
    is the output as good as my old easylase was ? is it ok for raster scan as well ?
    your package deal on ebay looks very good value,you can't even buy lds dynamics for that kind of money,
    you will have to excuse me for questions as i have already made two bad mistakes in buying dac and software,one was just unstable ,the other because of its output modulation does not work very well with my laserwaves
    thanks for you help
    i will study the manual and may well make a purchase at the weekend
    regards
    chris
    Oh, yes I did put a few extra units up for sale. The RIYA output is better than your easylase was. The easylase had some jitter issues, plus it was only USB where the RIYA has an ethernet interface as well. I have been told, even by other software users that this combination is a very good value for the money. The question comes down to whether you are interested in learning the software.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •