Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many mw laser for a venue this big?

Cool

How many mw laser for a venue this big?
    1.21 gigawatts!

No?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Why was nobody dancing?

Because in LA, kids take too many drugs to be able to even move, so they sit on the dancefloor the whole night. No joke.

I stopped going to EDC this year, it was the first one I haven't been to one since 2002. It's became so packed and impossible to get anywhere, it wasn't fun anymore. There were 100,000 people that attended the second day alone (85,000 the first day).
    - instinct

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Because in LA, kids take too many drugs to be able to even move, so they sit on the dancefloor the whole night. No joke.

I stopped going to EDC this year, it was the first one I haven't been to one since 2002. It's became so packed and impossible to get anywhere, it wasn't fun anymore. There were 100,000 people that attended the second day alone (85,000 the first day).
    Glasonbury a couple of weeks ago really crowded (500,000 at the festival), everybody dancing (well bouncing), lasers too!
    Last edited by Doc; 07-19-2010 at 21:58.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

San Diego California in the United States

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post

I think that this will change next year because insomniac has recently decided to make all of their events 18+ which i think will make these events MUCH more enjoyable with a more mature crowd, and a smaller number of people attending. What do you think?

http://www.insomniac.com/insomniac.html

well i just did this show over the weekend and used 2 X 40w (laserscopes)
    and on friday with heavy wind(5 smoke machines) and such a dry climate it looked like shit

but on saturday we doubled the smoke machines to 10 and had no wind and it looked great

http://www.youtube.com/user/VISTATVD.../4/FvNjjpp3aIg

Quote Originally Posted by johnpoe12 View Post
    I think that this will change next year because insomniac has recently decided to make all of their events 18+ which i think will make these events MUCH more enjoyable with a more mature crowd, and a smaller number of people attending. What do you think?

http://www.insomniac.com/insomniac.html
    Yeah, I've heard, I'm happy about it, I might actually consider going to a future event. It sucks that some people have to ruin all the fun, I was 16 or so when I went to my first Insomniac event so I feel for those who cannot go. I don't know about the rest of America, but the "rave scene" has blown up in Southern California the past two years. It seems like it has quadrupled in size (conservative estimate). It used to be rare to hear people playing EDM music, now it's the norm. Is it like this in the rest of the country too?
    - instinct

San Diego California in the United States

yeah i agree it seems like all music is merging towards electric, none of my friends went last year, but now they are all going haha

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

P***ed myself laffin.... I'd have to agree!!
    Move toward the light!

Smile

Glad someone finally followed the link. I've been waiting for *weeks* to use that one.

Adam

Sorry Adam never even noticed it was a link.

Good link but music a bit repetitive.