Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tuning What POT does What? Neo Laser NLD 250 LDRGB Disco Series!

Also whilst chatting, what is the maximum length of DB25 cable that can be used to send data to a laser? Many thanks

The FB3 outputs at a maximum of 30k, and I would not say its limited to the type of scanners you can connect it to - the only limit is the scan rate - but 30k will be adequate for most things. The scanners will NOT need tuning out of the box, they are tuned at the factory (though some better than others) so you will not need to tune them yourself.
    You will just need to wire up the new scanners to the x/y input signal and position the scanners so the lasers hit them right - there is no standard height for scanners but its pretty easy to work out what you need to do.
    Next UK meet is in October in Linconshire details here -http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11197
    If using a diff signal (which I susspect your Neo FB will NOT have) you can run quite a long distance - I routinely run an FB3 through 50M of cable. I am guessing you are considering removing the FB3 and operating it locally....if so you can get a differential daughter board for cheap money (dont quote me on this but I think sub 30 quid). This will extend the ability of your FB3 to use a longer cable run

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Ok Thanks for the info. 50m is more than enough.