Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Texas

I offer my welcome too Len. Don't worry about not having a projector and posting here. There are many sections that aren't related to projectors here, and nobody here will ban you for posting in any of them, despite staying on topic.

Default Thanks Robert and Adam

Quote Originally Posted by robert hess View Post
    I offer my welcome too Len. Don't worry about not having a projector and posting here. There are many sections that aren't related to projectors here, and nobody here will ban you for posting in any of them, despite staying on topic.
    Thanks to you and Adam --the NC SELEM would be worth the drive just to see the displays-the safety seminar an added bonus- and I am sure it is something that anyone wanting to get deeper into laser shows must have.

Anyone know who will be doing the lasers for the Metal show(Mayhem) Aug 13th in Dallas??-KORN, Rob Zombie and many others -2 stages- all day affair. If I attend the mini meet in Arlington on the 14th- it would be a no-brainer to catch that show in the same trip..ps do not look for my old ass in the mosh pit!!! I am from the Woodstock generation--no moshing at that gathering. No lasers there either. thanks again for the welcomes---Len

Smile

Last I heard, Lightwave International was handling the lasers for the Korn tour. If they've still got that gig, they'll probably be running all solid-state Arctos projectors. Nice kit!

Regarding SELEM, there is at least one guy from Texas (MisterWilling) who will be driving to NC. Maybe the two of you can caravan - assuming you can make it, that is...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post

Anyone know who will be doing the lasers for the Metal show(Mayhem) Aug 13th in Dallas??-KORN, Rob Zombie and many others -2 stages- all day affair. If I attend the mini meet in Arlington on the 14th- it would be a no-brainer to catch that show in the same trip..ps do not look for my old ass in the mosh pit!!! I am from the Woodstock generation--no moshing at that gathering. No lasers there either. thanks again for the welcomes---Len
    Are you sure that Korn will have lasers in this show? I know that Lightwave had done lasers for them in the past. I was involved with those shows.

As far as I know, StrictlyFX is doing pyro for them, but there was no mention of laser in this show.
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Last I heard, Lightwave International was handling the lasers for the Korn tour. If they've still got that gig, they'll probably be running all solid-state Arctos projectors. Nice kit!

Regarding SELEM, there is at least one guy from Texas (MisterWilling) who will be driving to NC. Maybe the two of you can caravan - assuming you can make it, that is...

Adam
    I just sent two diodes to Austin W.--hope to meet in up in Dallas on the 14th--maybe we can ride together from there to SELEM or caravan. that would give me many hours to pick his brain!!lol

thnaks for the info

Default KORN/ lasershow

I have no clue about KORN and thier lasershow==prolly not if the come on in the daytime--music starts at 2.30 so i guess it will be dark when they hit the stage. They line-up time is yet TBA.

Quote Originally Posted by hakzaw1 View Post
    I just sent two diodes to Austin W.--hope to meet in up in Dallas on the 14th--maybe we can ride together from there to SELEM or caravan. that would give me many hours to pick his brain!!lol
    Thanks for the diodes, they are about to be installed in the 2nd prototype of Dr. Lavas Kit.

We can discuss riding to SELEM together if you want when we meet up on the 14th. I convinced my roommate who knows very little about lasers to go. So we will be going for all three days Fri, Sat, and I will be attending the Casey Stack seminar on Monday. We are riding together in my Civic so it gas wont be too expensive if you want to split it with us.