Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group buy, ion lasers

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Default Group buy, ion lasers

A friend of mine is a medical laser service engineer. He has just been given the chance to buy a room full of medical grade ion lasers and tubes. Argon, Krypton, Lexel, Coherent, ALC, its a mix. Some Lexel 95s, Some I60 OEM, Some I90MA, some specialized medical tubes. Before you ask me about 88s, the only 88s released will be ones that do not meet the medical pulse spec, so 88s will be a special item, available only after test. A fairly large precentage of the 88s will be probably be available after test, but the single phase I60s will certainly be available.

He has to buy the WHOLE ROOM, not just one offs. he wants the medical specific tubes. A lot of these lasers will be useless to him but still useful for hobby,holography, lab work, or laser shows.

This is you chance to pick up small and medium frame ion at 200-500$ a head or tube.

Pricing will be something on the order of 200$ a tube, tesla'ed, visually inspected, to 500$ a tube if he has to test it. Of course you'll need to include shipping, or wait for hand delivery, as my friend covers most of the US on service calls. Hand delivery means cost of gas away from his service route to your location, plus a beer or two.

Some are in resonators, some have power supplies, some are raw tubes. He has not yet received a inventory, and it is more likely he will NOT get one, but just buy the whole room. A medical leasing company president has decided that retirement is more to his/her liking, so the room of tubes is going to be sold or scrapped. These will not show up on ebay, the current owner is not interested in wasting his staff's time boxing tubes.

Locations will be St Louis and some place in central Florida.

If you purchase a tested tube, a design for a pretty damn easy to build FET based linear power supply, can/will be included. The main part comes from Home depot, replacing the buck/boost transformer. So other parts, such as passbanks and cathode transformers and optics, will also be available. Some modest amount of phone support will be available, as well.

If you need international shipping outside of Canada or Mexico, I will have to do it for you, as my friend will not want to have to do customs etc at these prices.

PM me if interested.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 07-18-2010 at 11:49.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Hmmm, St. Louis, you say? I'll likely be interested since I can pick up anything I might buy personally.

Sounds good, but I think shipping here will cost more than the lasers.

Does he have one of the 300mW Reliants?

if you have a simple low power tube which would cost 20 bucks (ready to go to the bin, like gas-intact but irrecuperable) I'm interested (but I know it is far from realisable )

I might be interested in a small Krypton if there are any, or any broadband mirrors that I could use in my ILT 5500KR-00C head. I just wish I were closer to inspect the lot

I have the RBY mirrors in 7 mm.

Problem is they are not cheap, I'd have to at least recover my costs.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by shrad View Post
    if you have a simple low power tube which would cost 20 bucks (ready to go to the bin, like gas-intact but irrecuperable) I'm interested (but I know it is far from realisable )
    Oh, I have a cyonics/jdsu with good gas pressure, but it has a "borroid" , a small lump of brazing material in the lasing path, 1/3rd of the way down the bore.. Cost of Shipping materials and shipping + 20$ seems fine for me. I've used it as a PSU test tube. If you can knock the "borroid" loose, I'm quite sure it would lase very well.

Steve

Lightbulb

I would definatly like to check out the inventory in Florida if that is possible.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Default gas i love gas

yea more gas lasers

SELEM door prizes, perhaps?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....