Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I had a good time...

hey john-

yeah, sorry brotha. that was not geared toward you. that was geared toward the client. like you and i already discussed. My bad, i should have been more clear about that.

Trust me, if my problem was with you, you would know it!

@electrofreak:

i applaud your respectful way of questioning the intentions of some of what you see here. while i may or may not agree with some of your accusations and thoughts, i really appreciate your *respectful* and heart felt questioning of its purposes and intentions.

I have *MANY* of the same views you have on some of this. I may not have the same questions geared toward specific members, i do have many of the same views.

anyway, john- love ya brotha. sorry about the confusion.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Cool

Yo Marc...

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    hey john-

yeah, sorry brotha. that was not geared toward you. that was geared toward the client. like you and i already discussed. My bad, i should have been more clear about that.
    Nah, no apologies needed... I figured as-much... but just wanted to make sure you weren't newly-upset, since I know you dealt-with enough frustration at that particular Client's hands... Like I said... I have a 'feeling' you'll end-up being glad you 'passed' - and that's all my comment about the '17 years..', meant - after such time-in, you 'live and you learn', knowhatimean? hopefully, the 'ignored-emails' since the end of the gig are just them truly being 'that-busy', and this 'red-light blinking', off in the corner of my mind, is only a 'false alarm'... we'll see....

peace...
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

hey john-

i have M.H. direct cell #. do you need/want that?
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Hey Mahrc -

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    hey john-

i have ... direct cell #. do you need/want that?
    Thanks, I have-it... + his office, etc.. Now, if you know his *home* address / phone.... ...kidding (for now.. I'm gonna just continue on and ride on 'faith' in the mans' word and signature.... we should be ok...there are ZERO grounds for us to get skanked, here, but since I have-been left jaw-agape before by people you would never-have thought to be 'dishonorable' and take-you, I'll continue to feel a bit concerned till this is fully in the black, ya know?... I'll let ya know how things 'get-on'...

peace...
    j

Payment up front.. that's what you guys should require. This whole perform now pay later crap is for the birds, unless you're talking business between friends of course.

Quote Originally Posted by ElektroFreak View Post
    Payment up front.. that's what you guys should require. This whole perform now pay later crap is for the birds, unless you're talking business between friends of course.
    Gosh, really? Do ya think?? Gee, thanks, Pat! I don't know *what* I would do without your sage advice...

...And, what, exactly would you do when the Client (..against all 'normal' show-booking standards and your request for 50% min. Deposit to-Book, Balance-Due, day of Performance) says: '30% to-Book, Balance in 30 Days, likely within 15, take it or leave it...' ...But they have an international reputation for very high-profile jobs working with billion-dollar Clients (ie: Lexus, Radio Shack, etc...) - so you know you're not dealing with some 'fleabag / con-artist'? What-then?

FYI, everyone gets the same 'industry-standard' requirements to Book with a Deposit, from NASA, to USPS, to State-level Govs. to National-level Youth Orgs - we have only ever-given 'Terms' on a Balance TWICE in 17 years - once to a very high-level University (and even then, we insisted on a Deposit - they wanted us to wait for it all, and we said no-way...) and second, to this Client....

Just because you (a Sho Co) are smart in biz and know / use best-practices for your industry, does not mean that you can- or will-never get screwed, if someone simply decides-to, even without just-cause...

So, thanks for the 'advice', but I've got it covered... Oh, and thanks so much for 'taking a huge dump' in this thread... brilliant...

j

Can we see the guts or is that top secret too ?
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

Question

Hey N -

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Zone View Post
    Can we see the guts or is that top secret too ?
    Guts of what?? If you mean 'pix', no - not 'top secret' simply under an 'NDA' (non-disclosure agreement) with the Client, which I have to respect, and not post pix-of, till they say it's ok... nothing 'sekret', simply biz...

If not 'pix', then, what? Translation, please...

peace..
    j

just pics of the internals . Looks great though .
    " MANUFACTURER OF HIGH QUALITY MICRO LASER COMPONENTS" !!
    http://www.microlaserlabs.com/

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Zone View Post
    just pics of the internals . Looks great though .
    Ohh, you meant the Compact-8?? Ah, well, no sorry on that front, too - nothing 'secret', simply a 'voiding-the-warranty issue'... Sorry, not on this puppy...

j

PS - Here is the 'OEM' info on the beast:

http://www.rgblasersystem.com/index....id=48&Itemid=5

..and a PDF of the 'internals' (simple 'dims', etc....no pix...)

http://www.rgblasersystem.com/index.php?option=com_vfm&Itemid=32&do=view&file=PD F+(Dimension)|Compact8RGB_1.PDF

ciao
    j