Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which laser modules are better quality ¿LaserWave or CNI?

Default lasers

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    seem to have had good luck with others just lasever which ive had big problems with

i thought there greens were not to bad and only the blue's were a pile of crap ?
    not that the green i had was very good

CNI for the win....

Quote Originally Posted by badger1666 View Post
    i thought there greens were not to bad and only the blue's were a pile of crap ?
    Yes they ad many problems with the blue (because tey used on/off tec driver and te blue crystal didn't liked this???)

But the green lasevers are ok, better than the Laserwave in my opinion.

umm maybe, greens and red has been fine but blues just rubbish
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

as for laserwave dont think i will ever buy one again had nothing but problems and still do , but they are very good at sorting things out if you get trouble,
    Surely that's eleventy billions times better than ordering from a place that doesn't have good customer serivce + repairs + support etc..?
    i.e. you buy something, it breaks, that's it... no chance of getting it sorted?

I'd rather not have to deal with the hassle of posting+insuring stuff out to China/USA + waiting weeks for it to be sorted etc. if the module was damaged. I can just drop it off locally at their UK office and get same day / next day service

I've had 3 modules from LaserWave now, and every one has been brill since day one.
    No issues with the lasers (only some fun with the green because I put a cheap-ass PSU in that was failing - but that was my fault.)

Also had a Viasho 1W green, and that's been ok so far. Touch wood...

Ta,
    Dan
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Having used almost exclusively CNI in all my builds, I'm a huge fan. Rock-solid designs, and great performance are what I've come to expect of them. Laserwave maintains a very personal connection to the forum here, so they do tend to provide faster, more personal service after the sale due to the fact that their representative is very easily reached, but CNI is always willing to honor their warranties and they've even gone the extra mile for me in the past by supporting a system I had that failed just out of warranty. CNI is the #1 Chinese laser manufacturer in my book.

yeah dan but when you have had your laser seen to eleventy billions times
    finaly seem to have one that works ok , then go and buy a pangolin setup to find out it
    it has another problem, ie it does not like the way the fb 3 use's a modulated signal on the colour output then you feel a little grumpy towards laserwave
    so i sent the dac back to get one that the laser is happy with
    i could have sent the laser back but after it spending the first six month not working
    properly now that it kind of does work properly i want to use it and not have more time
    without photons

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    Surely that's eleventy billions times better than ordering from a place that doesn't have good customer serivce + repairs + support etc..?
    i.e. you buy something, it breaks, that's it... no chance of getting it sorted?

I'd rather not have to deal with the hassle of posting+insuring stuff out to China/USA + waiting weeks for it to be sorted etc. if the module was damaged. I can just drop it off locally at their UK office and get same day / next day service

I've had 3 modules from LaserWave now, and every one has been brill since day one.
    No issues with the lasers (only some fun with the green because I put a cheap-ass PSU in that was failing - but that was my fault.)

Also had a Viasho 1W green, and that's been ok so far. Touch wood...

Ta,
    Dan

Well given nothing is perfect in life or lasers!
    The 'RGB' 640nm I bought for my 3w white light is a quality unit but...was found to have a problem which was easily fixed without going back to Budapest ...phew!!!... and that was comparitively big bucks.

My first Laserwave unit is still performing as good as ever in my small white light.

My two laserwave reds (shoeboxes) are excellent quality for the money paid...and my Laserwave green in my 3watt white light holds it's own ....so no complaints from me
    Move toward the light!

RGB lasersystem service is excelent and the quality is a stepup compared to Kvant. But i think most hobbyist can,t afford these beauty,s unless you eat bread and peanutbutter for lunch every day

what is a good source for cni modules in the usa?
    cool thread