Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blanking and color mixing??

Sounds fine As I said I was originally planning on using 60/0.1 servos
    and restricting the angle to 45* (which gives us 90* optical)

Interesting on that blue... Got that one watched
    That definitely looks like a CNI unit, think it's the manufacturer going straight
    for ebay?

The servos on hand are .2 sec/ 60 deg. I think they have the digital amps. I will get them out to you if they will work. They are new , un- used units. If the voltage is increased to 6.2 , the transit time will decrease to 1.67sec/60 deg. I don't know if the amp can take more voltage without damaging it. Maybe limiting travel to 30 deg would help in speeding time of transit. This would still give 60 deg scanning arena. Let me know and there off to you.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

:?: I have been told from more than one person that extreme lasers is a reboxer of CNI units. I don't know. Maybe the post I had made earlier about market flood is happenning. May the prices fall............wallet is regrouping.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Heh... here's to hoping

Got my scanner set up and running today !!! I have to say that I am impressed. Even with 2 colors.......fade and blanking action. Now need blue..... . Maybe some one can answer a question. Easylase manual states that no half signal be left open. Does this include the blanking outputs? Does it need a 4.7K resistor on it? Afraid to operate more without knowledge. I don't want to kill any part of driver. Or is this warning just for the X and Y out puts? It is configured in a symmetrical configuration.

Many thanks to Spec for the trichro. Making nice orangish/yellow. Beam needs to be a little more narrow for a good mix from red laser. All in all it would not happen without this key part. Again , many thanks. Also hatts off and thanks to all who have helped me educate myself by posting great articles that seem to be filled with tech stuff. All this has taken place in the building of the projector and actually running it in 3 days. I hate to be ignorant of how to post pix here but I will as soon as I figure it out......help welcome [/img]

I'd imagine it'd be for the inputs, not the ILDA outputs.

So you shouldn't have any concerns about running it in the configuration you mentioned.

P.S. To post pics, you have to host the images somewhere... Ask Spec for a
    gallery, or if you have someplace that hosts, then just add the url of the actual
    images between the IMG tags

If you're impatient, you can email me the pics at kenson *AT* gmail *DOT* com

I'll throw them up and give you the URL

I have changed the mirror in the output path of the combined beams out from the trichroic to the scanner heads. This has eliminated the ghost spot in the display. It would seem that a first order mirror was needed here as there was a bleed of the output. Now all is fine with the exception of images are way to big. Again found that reflections in the cabinet sometimes produced strange effects in using the trichro unit. I can say that I am having a very large time with this. PIx up soon in gallery......Thanks again to Spec.....I feel that I owe him a favor or two now. Back to the chores at hand.....calculation of pitch circles for a drivetrain of gears.......... :lol: 8) Maybe get a deal on a 473nM unit? May have something in the works soon. I was told that a nice 10000hr 100mW unit is coming available soon. They claim very stable and TEC cooling.