Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: License To Lase

Default License To Lase

Hello Ppl.

Just wanted to brag alitle.

Today i got my 1year Full License to use a Class 3B-4 Laser in entertainment and marketing. I can use this in any venue i want although i have to apply for a special license for open air shows.

The license normally takes about 2-3weeks to aprove but as i have a show coming up in a week they took my case and application faster. I had to fill out a huge document and state everything in my system from the tinyest screw to the big Greens.

Even send in pictures of the system etc.

But now im licensed. Sweden is probably one of the hardest countrys regarding laser safety so its a nice stepping stone to own this license for a full year.

cheers.

/Rickard
    Last edited by rfourt; 08-03-2010 at 03:08.

Hi Rickard

Congratulations

That's a great acheivement, well done. I wish you every success for the future.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rfourt View Post
    Today i got my 1year Full License to use a Class 3B-4 Laser in entertainment and marketing.
    ...Well-done, Sir Rickard...

cheers....
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Thnx guys,.

Congratulations!!!

A congratulation for certification for your nation something something DOH!

Seriously, well done
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Grattis!

Nice job! Was it expensive? Any links to the paperwork?
    What show are you doing and where? Would be cool to watch some legal coherent photons in Sweden for once!

Default Fantastiskt

Nice work,
    I have just been talking to strålskyddsinstitutet about this and are planning to take the course in october but it is 1100 euro so im not really sure i have that money right now =/

They told me that if you take the course and make a couple of installations with them coming to check on you a couple of times, then they might issue the license to you if you do good.
    How did you make this come true, if you would like to share?
    Bless!
    /Magnus

Interesting. I thought you had to apply for this specifically for each show that you were doing, but maybe that was changed recently?

Where did you find the information about how to do this - is contacting them the only way?

Anyway, congratulations!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tocket View Post
    Interesting. I thought you had to apply for this specifically for each show that you were doing, but maybe that was changed recently?

Where did you find the information about how to do this - is contacting them the only way?

Anyway, congratulations!
    Thats is exactly right, but i talked to a guy at strålskyddsinstitutet a couple of weeks ago and he said what i wrote above, maybe they're getting tired of travelling around sweden to issue certificates but still want to have some checking up on the people running around doing lasershows around our country so they know that your not liable to hurt anyone before you get a go to be on your own.