Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stampede at German Love Parade festival kills 15

Unhappy

owing to the serious nature of her injuries a 21 year old girl died in hospital last night, so there are 20 deaths by now. if you look what happened in duisburg you will see that there was no possibility for the huge crowd to escape, that simply could not have happened in the open streets of berlin where the loveparade was held years before. this horrible situation was merely caused by total planning failures, many had warned before this event, unheard. there is a detailed video documentation on german news-portal spiegel, you can see what the situation was like in these videos... http://www.spiegel.de/flash/flash-23952.html

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    Very sad

That makes me thinking I'm going to the Street Parade in Zurich in two weeks, and the number of attending people is similar... I hope there will be nothing bad like this.
    This could never happen in Zurich; fun is illegal there.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic View Post
    This could never happen in Zurich; fun is illegal there.
    Haha, you say I know you didn't enjoyed your stay in Switzerland, but that just means you missed all good things here and saw only the bad. I'm sorry for you

Haha, you say I know you didn't enjoyed your stay in Switzerland, but that just means you missed all good things here and saw only the bad. I'm sorry for you
    Switzerland is not a good place for people who are not Swiss.

Coolest thing I saw in Switzerland was a street sign with my last name on it! Wasn't too surprising I guess, my family migrated from Zurich around the 1880's.

That and Mt Pilatus, damn it was pretty.

or not incredibly rich, that place is $#@!%$%$# expensive! lol

Stop trying to argue, that's only your own opinion (millions of peoples comes every year and enjoy). Instead you should spend your time to develop the famous TEC driver for the community

Well, if I could have an advice if somebody here comes in Switzerland, is to try the french part instead of the german part (Lausanne, Montreux, etc). That's beautiful too, and peoples there could be much different (and that's where I live )

Stop trying to argue, that's only your own opinion (millions of peoples comes every year and enjoy).
    I'm sure it's fine to visit, and it's fine for people who were born there- but try being an outsider, living and working there- it gets old *really* fast.