Just a hot update:
    20W 445nm LED: 3.3W@445nm, 1A@11V, effeciency=30%
    collimation: PITA ...
    Piotr.K

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED+Edmund.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	134.5 KB 
ID:	26060Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED+Edmund2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	26061

is laserpointerforums down guys? i cant get to it. I know some guys here are also members there.

Default Some new developments gents!

Hey guys hows it going,hope ya'll enjoyed your weekend=)

well i there has been some new developments. here is a picture of Calebs modding method,with no conductors on the felx cable isolated , only contact pads 4 and 9 jumped
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo0175.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	26163

and i found the monster of all blue leds a 100 watt 6000lumen BLUE LED!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/100W-Blue-LED-Ma...item35b3569125

Caleb said with this mod he was able to get a dim picture just using a battery powered laser pointer,

I am so eager to get that LED and start testing..with 6000 lumens of light im sure the phosphor wheel will be doing its job very well.

what do ya'll think?

Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    I thought I was doing exactly what you were showing. Especially when I got on my fourth projector.

Thanks for the update I will try again tonight.
    Do you have any results? my projector won't run even with pin 4 left as is. :-(

well i got my projectors (i raise my glass to DTR/JORDAN of laserpointgerforums) just the other day,man these things are sweet,but i can already tell im gonna need some of those ribbon cables that i believe the lasers are attached to,i cant find a pinout on the connector base to see what conductor does what or anything over the net.(youd think this projector was made by Jimmy Hoffa's friends lol) does anyone have a few of these brown ribbon connectors they wouldnt mind selling on the cheap? im thinking even if they are cut (due to the harvesting process) i might be able to solder them back together using a sewing needle and magnifying glass...just a theory, Ive done micro work like that before and it came out really nice.(fixing a printer that some roaches had chewd through the ribbon cable) if anyone has any please drop me a line.

thanks.and hope ya'll have a good one=)

Keith.

I have a pic of the pinout here, if that's what you were asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Things View Post
    I have a pic of the pinout here, if that's what you were asking?

thanks..i appreciate that

im not sure what im looking at here,its the connector that the brown ribbon cable plugs into that the lasers are mounted in .when you open the bay door its (the connector) is sitting just a little ways away...and i think there is a power connector somewhere in there...here let me take a few pics of mine and see if i can clarify things a bit

Keith.

its in the square next to the connector, the pinout is silk screened onto the board

is this on the under side of the board?....is there a tech sheet showing the functions of the pinout? like for examples...pin XX is this and pin XXX is that.?

has anyone ever sent or RMA'ed one of these projectors back to C-SIO to have new Lasers put in? are there any stipulations,restrictions or requirements? says they come with a 3 year warranty..anyone know if its still in effect or has been ratified? How much it costs to have them repaired??
    im thinking about sending 1 or 2 back to the manufacturer for repair...if anyone has any information on this procedure it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Keith.