Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Running the XJ-A140 With Missing Diodes

hope someone answers

ok with the resistors needed to dupe the power supply...i have been thinking about using variable resistors,cause then i can dial in the ohms value and get a more precise reading...at least it clicks this way in my mind...but i dont know what the max ohms would be say 50,75,100ohms max on the high setting and say 1ohm on the lowest setting?..and im figureing since its been confirmed by 2 people that the laser array runs on 32v..that means each strings has roughly 8 volts..so im thinking of something like the following for the variable resistor. (now if i can just find them in a non wirewound config id be ok)

8-12v
    1-100ohm
    about 5 amps max..
    (i dont really fully understand how wattage factors in,i know it is the electrical energy converted to heat energy,but i dont know if it impacts the impedance or voltage range any)

see i just dont want to buy some resistors (which i already did 20ohm at 30watts) and stick'em in there and hope they work and then have to buy more when if they dont..kinda want to be alittle bit more precise about this...though i am going to use the 20ohm@30watt ones i already bought (worth i shot i guess) and see what kinda results i guess..i just see the variable resistor giving us a tighter scope on the proper ones needed.

does anyone think this will burn something up?...could something explode?

i really appreciate anyone getting back to me on this.
    thanks

Keith.

Each string has 32V... NOT 8

Quote Originally Posted by laserdj View Post
    Each string has 32V... NOT 8
    wow 32v per string?? ok this changes things up a bit...would it be safe in assuming that 128v in total go to the laser array across the flexPCB? (@ 1.5amp per string?)
    thanks for posting,i really appreciate it. my little 18v planar led would of blown sky high had i terminated any leads to it..wow.(yeah i messed up buying it..thought the strings put out 8)

32V total... parallel connection, so the voltage stays the same on each string
    You really should take a look a the beginning of this thread.. lots of info.
    Good luck!

32V total... parallel connection, so the voltage stays the same on each string
    You really should take a look a the beginning of this thread.. lots of info.
    Good luck!
    i have,3 and 4 times..it just seems like there is not a general consensus on the accuracy of the data...at least thats just what i interpret....i had noticed that 2 other people said the array runs at 32 volts...but see no one until you said it was 32 per string..and someone else said that they run in a series connection....so you can understand how lost i feel.

thanks for the info..its appreciated.

24 diodes
    4 strings of 6 diodes (each string gets 32V, each diode forward voltage is around 5v)
    they are supplied around 2.2A but it is pulsed... like 30% on and 70% off at 50HZ
    that's all I know atm..

24 diodes
    4 strings of 6 diodes (each string gets 32V, each diode forward voltage is around 5v)
    they are supplied around 2.2A but it is pulsed... like 30% on and 70% off at 50HZ
    that's all I know atm..
    ..i thought it was 400mgz...but this is good this is information that i can use...thanks man i appreciate it.

yes i think the 30 and 70..might be normal and eco mode....here is a video i found of someone metering the array while on (with all 24 diodes in place) and getting voltage reading with his meter set to what i believe is Voltage DC...but i cant tell his range. Volts or mV

you can get a good look at his data at 0:11

LOL at the camera full of black spots... what could have done it?