Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Running the XJ-A140 With Missing Diodes

Quote Originally Posted by kobra000 View Post
    if a video could be made showing how to do this..oh man it would be a god send!..if even a picture showing the location of the contact pads would help.(if there is one i will be looking for it so please forgive me if i double up on topics already shown in pictures or discussed)

.now with these mods will the function buttons/remote functions still work?..like how to get to the menu to adjust color (that ones iffy) or sharpness and contrast and format?

DTR....let me know how you fair with that and what your technique was and if it was successful...have you previously modded these projectors for laser-less projection before?

i wish i could download this forum directly to my brain! i need and want all the info in it.=)
    All buttons works good, but I don't test remote control (I think, it will work too).

This is the 2 easiest ways to make modification illustrated on pictures below...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a140_nolamp1.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	516.1 KB 
ID:	25928

OR

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A140-2.png 
Views:	183 
Size:	585.3 KB 
ID:	25929

Default cool

cool cool that seems pretty straight forward.

didn't work for me

/edit

ok tried it again, it works, sort of, the projector is functioning (if I put my flashlight where the LD's were and look through the lens I can see my desktop) BUT, the red LED will not light... any suggestions?
    Last edited by flecom; 07-13-2011 at 19:39.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    didn't work for me

/edit

ok tried it again, it works, sort of, the projector is functioning (if I put my flashlight where the LD's were and look through the lens I can see my desktop) BUT, the red LED will not light... any suggestions?

What color was your desktop while looking through the lens with a flashlight? im curious to see if the LCD is responsible for any color adding in this system ,if it is them perhaps we can still use a white HP led. i know the single LCD systems are rather easy to get a projection out of..take for example the virtually un-findable Citizens Mini projector circa 1990-1991...a single LCD with like a hardware store lightbulb behind it..or the Phillips LCP 5200 circa 1990-94 both very straight forward projectors with a single LCD and much like a hardware store flood lamp behind them. Im almost certain this can be done with the casio XJ-a...

there is definitely some stuff going on with the dichros/filters...

theres no LCD as this is a DLP projector

I used a 3W LED flashlight pointed into the LD mirror and while looking into the lens to see the output I had shades of white/blue/green

I was running a test pattern (google testpat.exe, its from IBM, thats what I was using)

Wow no LCD?.

then cany anyone idtenitf this peice..its from a this websight which shows acomplete tear down of the projector

http://omegalabs.eu/html/kek_lezer.html

.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a140_szetszed26.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	25949

DLP chip with PCB.

Piotr.K

Ok but light still passes through it to create the projection correct?

Nope, it's actually a mirror, a controlled array of 800.000 of mirrors.

Piotr.K

i was wondering since it uses a Phatlight Led for the red...would it be possible to run a blue phatlight led (and hope the phosphor wheel makes some green light) or just run a phatlight blue and phatlight green to complete the RGB color "gamut" i think is the word. Im exploring all avenues of LED light at this moment.from Phatlight LEDS to Luxeon Rebels,to the HiPow Chinese cartridge style LED's... Also does the wavelength of the Blue Lasers have an important bearing on it? like will the phosphor wheel only do its job when a 445nm Blue/IR/UV laser hits it? or will any blue light source suffice as long as it get through the lens gauntlet and into the DLP chip?