Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Running the XJ-A140 With Missing Diodes

I have made some progress, although the last 2 quarters in school were killer for me. I am on break now, so I hope to finally get cracking on the projector reverse engineering once again

Keep us informed man!!

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    I have made some progress, although the last 2 quarters in school were killer for me. I am on break now, so I hope to finally get cracking on the projector reverse engineering once again

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post

I want to run as red-only but also no-lamp so I can misuse the light gate for holography.

Quote Originally Posted by DanBarlow View Post

I want to run as red-only but also no-lamp so I can misuse the light gate for holography.
    I found the way to run projector without any lamp(s).
    First, you need to disconnect CN905 flexible wire (mainboard <-> LD driver). After you should to isolate contact pads 2,3,9,10 of flex wire.
    Connect this wire to CN905, short pads 4 and 9 on mainboard.
    That`s all you need. Now you can turn projector on without any lamps.
    I tested this method a few times and received successful results.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a140_nolamp.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	515.3 KB 
ID:	25841
    Last edited by XDev; 07-11-2011 at 10:49.

Had a little trouble with one of the contact pads but is this what you mean by isolating the 2,3,4,9,10 pin on the flex wire?

Default dead diodes?

I have heard of people using dead diodes as test loads. Therefore, I had always wondered if I could replace some good diodes with some dead 445s and still have a working projector without the power resistors.Well, I removed two good ones, and replaced them with 2 LEDed diodes. Yup, temp error.... Darn, I thought I was on to something. Can anyone shed some light on this, why it doesn't work? And why a temp error?Also, in regards to the power resistors you guys use; what resistance/wattage should I use. Is an inductive resistor (wirewound) ok to use? I guess ill need to check the resistance of a diode when I pull another one out of the projector. Anyone know it offhand?

Quote Originally Posted by DTR View Post
    Had a little trouble with one of the contact pads but is this what you mean by isolating the 2,3,4,9,10 pin on the flex wire?

I think you need to short your broken printed wire.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1016695-1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	106.5 KB 
ID:	25846
    But I`m not sure. It can works good.
    It seems everything else made right.

Alright tried on another and still having no luck. The projector has the diode block removed and the access door replaced so that switch is not the problem.

See anything that may be the problem. Maybe I should try soldering to the pins on the CN905 instead.

Did you get this result (3 red leds) before you pressed Power button?
    May be after watching my video it will be easier to do for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4WaRTLj0Oc

Hmmm, and would the red led be lit if was still present ?
    I mean is it the way to go for red-only ?

Piotr.K