Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1000mw 532nm DPSS from Aixiz.

aside from his ebay user name of "Doctor Pain" Thats a pretty good deal if it works and goes for under $600.

I'm going to put this on my watch list and might bid on it assuming I wouldn't be bidding against anyone on the forum. So, if your still interested in this unit, tell us so we dont ramp your bid price!

No, I am not going after it, My 60xb guy told me he would throw in the AOM and driver, so I think I might go this route. I have worked with this guy for a couple years, when I used to throw rave parties, so I know he's reliable. (He used to be my laser guy!) The unit has multi line optics on it, and he said that it would make a great whitelight if I used marconi's red. Now if I can get him to throw in a second AOM and a 488nm/514nm splitter, I'll go for the deal. He said he used it for about 100hrs since he got it, and that he got it from a friend that worked for ALC. He bought about 12 of these units from the ALC guy, and this was the one he kept for himself. Once he gives me the answers to the rest my questions, I'll ask him if its got a glass tube or ceramic. This tube is suppose to be hot out of the box, and I'm wondering if I could get a little more power out of it with the magnet trick. It comes with an orignal gold box PSU and has the key and all, seems very clean. Not a xerox pull.

if its a 60x (any breed) then its a BeO ceramic tube and the magnet trick will work for about 10 hours then the tube will fail.

Yadda has primed me on this one

Basically using magnets in a soft theta-pinch will cause the bandwidth of one line to go through the roof and all but extinguish that line and give another more chance for photon collision that subesquently produces more output.

Keep in mind that the bore on these things is less than 1mm and in that small area you have to disapate 1500W of heat. Add magnets and you collapse the beam diameter and almost double the heat being generated per square mm of surface area. The BeO is already being stressed, this eats holes right through it.

Just a heads up.

Thats for the tip, I don't want to blow this laser up. I'll keep them away, plus after reviewing the FAQ, the magnet trick doesn't yield that much extra power. If and once I get it, I'll take some pictures of it.

SPEC - you are a total idiot, trying to push and sell your buddys lasers,

You got to be the absolute grand king of the stupid dumb ass idiots who think they are a laser expert, keep pushing the cheap ass beams that your friend sells.

Idiot!

Default Did someone shake the Lemur tree?

Sigh.

Nothing makes me want to say "Fuck off" faster than a clueless newbie who jumps in with an uniniformed opinion on a thread that has been dead for NEARLY A YEAR...

Oh - and look, he picked the same nick as the site name to make himself sound more important...

Moron!

(I know, I know - you shouldn't feed the trolls... I just couldn't help myself.)

Im starting to rethink my "not deleting any posts, ever" policy.

You know I log IP's and source pages, right?

camerajunkie@dslextreme.com, bethels-closet, cypress-surplus or whatever your calling yourself these days, your *really* starting to bother me and I hope you become the recipient of the worst type of colon cancer a vengeful god could think up.

Selling FengYuan lasers that you conveniently forget to order IR filters for and add the IR power to the stated optical output for the purpose of selling the lasers as extremely high power output models. And if that wasnt enough you ramp up the diode current to outrageous levels greatly reducing the operating lifetime.

Lets not forget you not having any idea about yvo4 crystals... Remember when you bought a stack of them on ebay for pennies and sold the worthless rocks to unsuspecting pointer-jockeys as "ultra high effieciency 532nM doubling crystals" because they didnt know any better. That was until someone called you on it and you apologised for the *honest* mistake THEN CONTINUED TO SELL THEM.

And now your new round of lies... Saying they are assembled in the US using foreign and domestic parts to give the illusion of high-quality.

You sir are a liar and a thief.

Everyone, go to: http://www.fengyuanlaser.com.cn/

Now: to address your statements:

I never stated that I was an expert, I merely help people out where I can and if I am incorrect in my statements I make a public correction.

Buddy's lasers? Again, what the hell are you talking about? I always release the manufacturers name for the products I have here and sell, which is more than I can say for you who asked me who the manu was then started your ebay sales using MY specifcation sheets.

Just remember: If you only had an honest business you wouldnt have to worry about going around creating slander posts, refusing to tell clients who the manufacturer of the laser is, and you damn sure wouldnt piss off the wrong people.

In conclusion: Drop dead.