Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-emptive "want" check for DPSS blues.

OK Spec put me down for one if you can get for @ 1K. Thats about all I can do right now. Want to finish projector....have shows ligned up soon. Thanks and hope something happens in a positive direction. :idea: Would like to be able to get atleast 100mW at this price....seen a few now floating about ....it is good to see a few around now.May be get a good deal. Anyone checked out CNI ??? I know the I/R is going to be high, But can be filtered and may provide an alternative source ........Max modules.....time for you to step in !!!!
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I would kill for a 100mW at $1k Unfortunately I actually expect prices to go up before they come down... with the new market realization that these things exist, the demand is higher than supply.

Hey Yadda you know anything about the lasers from chinese department store? I know they have sold a blue unit on fleabay. Lasers seem OK if I/R filter is in place. I wonder if the 478 nM unit will put out over 40mW after filtering? I would accept 50mW at that price if it is a nice unit. I am set up now with 85mW 635nM,and 50mW 532nM. Will this be a good color mix at these levels? My output has fade capabilities. It does a great job fading from green to orange and yellow.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Heh, besides the fact that I have to dissuade myself from plunking lots of cash
    on those units daily... They don't have analog modulation...

The systems are Yagangs, and they're a fairly reputable company, but
    I'd almost guarantee that 1/2 the power was IR... Also Yagang doesn't
    actually manufacture lasers, they just build the scan systems and integrate
    other lasers into them, so if you're looking to tear the heads out, you
    may get better deals elsewhere...

P.S. I haven't seen any servos get here yet... Nice red btw, where'd you find
    that gem? 80mW blue is going to be very dim compared to the red, also
    a bit dim compared to green... I'd look seriously at 200mW 473nm...
    Don't spend $3k though Talk to spec or some of the other sellers first.

Ok it seems that the postal service has had a bad day as to the servos. I will get another set out today. As for the little red guy, it came from a local distributor of laser crystals. It is 635nM at 80mW . This is the guy that has all the KTP and Yag's ready to make green. He claims I need 712nM diodes to make blue with his crystal set. He keeps saying that it is similar to the ring oscillator that is used by Lightwave. However he will not tell me the whole story on them. I have done business with him and seems to be OK.

Nice... 712nm eh? Lightwave uses NPRO for their beam path, but I still
    don't see the 712... Does he mean 912? 912 will get you a most
    beautiful 491nm blue pumping GdVO4 and a BIBO...

http://www.opticsexpress.org/view_fi...%2BK%3C8%20%0A

Did some more research... There's a noticable lack of diode lasers
    which actually put out 712nm... It jumps from 690 to 730...

http://www.fsm.physics.uwa.edu.au/Chap7and8.pdf

Thanks for the info ! One question....the waste beam from the last cavity...where does it go....inside the housing to a dump or is it re-introduced as pump power ? Maybe the frequency of that beam must be waste as not to interfere with cavity wavelength. Will study from here.....7 watts of 808 to get 100mW of blue......must be a more efficient process.....seems like a lot of lost energy. Maybe the way the BiBO operates as part of the resonant cavity. New ground for me here. Let the learning curve resume for me.

BTW you should have parts in your mail box by Friday. I placed insurance on these so they will have to pay for them if they don't deliver !!! US Postal priority mail.

Not sure exactly which waste beam we're talking about, but in a classic
    sense, a waste beam is not re-used.