Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-emptive "want" check for DPSS blues.

Default Pre-emptive "want" check for DPSS blues.

Ok, So Ive been tossing out TONS of emails in engrish recently and a responce I recently got really caught my eye.

Basically: 50mW DPSS 473nM(blue) 10% stability WITH analog modulation...

$1300ish(probably negotiable with manufacturer) NEW.

Before I blow whats left of my life savings that I have spent on lasers on more lasers lets see how much interest we can guage here...

Ready... Go!

I'M IN!!!

473nm eh? that's perfect!

You know, that means I get a $2000 whitelight with a trichro and the
    110mW red and 30mW green I just picked up...

Drool... Got cash in hand

Shit man. You didnt waste any time getting here...

Ok, thats two down. Need some more to concider the viability of this little "project"

And yes: Sub 2k whitelight is what im aiming for. Its gonna rock!

I could be in, but I need a time frame, and I have to talk to couple of people to get the funds, I completely tapped at the moment. I need to get that variance so I can go and get some real work.. oh, and my software only supports TTL, and not analog :cry: . Long story short, let me know when, and give me about week after to give a solid answer..

Very interested but I think if in time the prices will come down as history of red and green have shown. Possibly white DPSS will overtake the open market. PCOAM's will also become cheaper. Maybe a dream , but it is possible. Look at the flood of manufacturing and distributor facilities on the market now. Weighing this , may prices drop for all ......if the Gov'mt doesn't make it hard for all of the responsible parties using this stuff. I feel that we can choose what we want for ourselves. We can buy/build what we want.......for now. Let's make an effort to keep this hobby a freedom to enjoy. White lasers rule...but blue would be nice in my projector !!!!!!!!!!
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Undoubtedly, but the BIBO crystals used to make these blues are
    kept at really high prices due to patent licensing so they're not coming
    down too soon...

Timeframe: "Couple weeks after I get 4-5 confirmed interested parties"

Payment is bank transfer before shipping (cute little capitalists arent they?)

Yes the BIBO rocks are quite expensive, i was getting qoutes of $600 Ea. in 10 unit orders so that has something to do with it.

The patent thing though... I believe it deals directly with the "Process" of generating blue light, not the crystals themselves.

Kinda like the dotcom thing... people were taking old patents and appending them with the phrase "With a computer".

Hell, They might just be using YAG with HR 1064 and AR 946 coats on the ends and a shit load of pump power. Definately cheaper for them that way.

:cry: Credit card still smoking from last scanner setup. May cool soon...keep us informed as to the time frame. I may be able to buy/sell/trade to go in on this.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

"wallet recoil syndrome" is quite pervasive in this hobby.

About time frame: In a perfect world I would make the order and have the lasers sitting here PRIOR to making the offer, but as stated "money is tight" and my line of thinking is:

"The more confirmed people I have for $1300 a piece idea will translate in to lower costs for everyone involved"

So yea, Im hoping this works out

Man my wallet burned a hole right through my jeans. Still recovering from my last big purchase.