Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: FlexMod P3 Analog/TTL Laser Diode Driver

PICS?

It obviously looks better than the one you sent to DZ.

So you think im jumping to conclusions? I only observe that all professional companies use driverboards with seperate outputs i prefer those because i think they do that for a reason. If your sollution is better write them a letter.

If you can run them parallel of in series then a board with a tec supply on board is the way to go i think. It would probably make the board a little bit bigger but i think that there is a big demand for a driver that can power multi diode setups with TEC. Laserman has several setups for sale but not realy a good driver with tec supply.

But i think its nice there is another driver coming. Andy,s driver isn,t ready yet. If your driver comes with TEC on one board shoot me a PM i,m interested!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
    PICS?

It obviously looks better than the one you sent to DZ.
    Yes, I'll post pics as soon as they arrive.

edison, there is a reason they build them this way: many diodes traditionally have an active case, so with separate driver outputs it is not necessary to isolate the diodes. However the latest diodes of interest: blue and 638nm 500mW red have isolated cases, so separate outputs are not necessary, and neither is diode isolation when they are put in series.

I considered an integrated TEC controller design, but there are many applications where a TEC is not needed, so the extra hardware and expense would be wasted. In other applications, two TEC controllers are needed with only one diode controller so here again is a problem. In addition, it wold have necessitated a significantly larger board. For these reasons, I chose to follow a separate TEC controller design, optional for those applications that require it.
    Naturally, your preference concerning integrated and not integrated TEC controller is up to you.

Thank you everyone for the supportive feedback ad PMs!

Default One...To Go please

Andy...Me and Terrawatt would like one please....Thanx !!

CDBEAM? Bob
    Last edited by CDBEAM; 07-27-2010 at 11:41. Reason: Duh !
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

ordered 2... really hope they get here in time to set them up for SELEM

Default Yea!!!

Payment sent. Thanks

Payment sent for 8

Cheers
    Rich

Ordered, thank you
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    So you think im jumping to conclusions? I only observe that all professional companies use driverboards with seperate outputs i prefer those because i think they do that for a reason. If your sollution is better write them a letter.

If you can run them parallel of in series then a board with a tec supply on board is the way to go i think. It would probably make the board a little bit bigger but i think that there is a big demand for a driver that can power multi diode setups with TEC. Laserman has several setups for sale but not realy a good driver with tec supply.

But i think its nice there is another driver coming. Andy,s driver isn,t ready yet. If your driver comes with TEC on one board shoot me a PM i,m interested!!!
    you might want to start a new thread, this is DrLavas Driver thread. Im sure DrLava has thought out the pros and cons of different techniques.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Hey Andrew,

If you have enough, bring me a couple of these to SELEM.

I don't have the funds at this point in time, but will have by then.