Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World of Color at Disneyland

Thumbs up World of Color at Disneyland

So last night I got to check out this show.

For those of you who are not familiar:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Color

It was amazing. I loved it. 3 Full Color Lasers, 3 Water Mist Screens, Moving heads and 1200 fountains all with LEDs underneath them. If anyone is considering seeing it, I would highly recommend it. I won't even search for youtube videos because there is no way it can do it justice.
    - instinct

A little birdie I know helped a little with this show. He told me they have a total of 240,000 dmx channels.

And it is the finest example of technological entertainment ever created.

This is coming from a person that has been a part of, or seen some pretty cool stuff.

I would love to see it I person.

Chad
    Last edited by chad; 06-21-2010 at 17:26.

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

doh I was there last week and for whatever reason we didnt end up getting to go

I looked for it on Youtube and came up with this HD recording:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqijf6DZz4s

Looks very nice. Soem fantastic rear projections onto water screen.

wow..

This show make the Bellagio fountain seems like a garden pond with 2 koi fish in it..

Wow, if I saw that once, I wouldn't be able to leave!

it appears they are doing it at disney world also... saw a billboard for it on my way to work this morning, might have to drive up to see it

watched the video and it looked amazing... was surprised they mad a reference to fantasia 2000 in the show... i always thought about doing a lasershow/video mix thing using fantasia 2000 as the premise
    Last edited by flecom; 06-24-2010 at 00:35.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    doh I was there last week and for whatever reason we didnt end up getting to go

Depends on what day you went. They didn't do it last wednesday and thursday due to Grad Night (Graduation party for all High Schools after hours) Also, if you do go to Disneyland, this show is not like Fantasmic. You have to get a fast pass to be able to see it, and they go quickly. You must arrive early in the morning and then it will give you the show time to come back to watch it.

My pass expired today, but I kind of want to renew just to see the show a couple more times.
    - instinct

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    Depends on what day you went. They didn't do it last wednesday and thursday due to Grad Night (Graduation party for all High Schools after hours) Also, if you do go to Disneyland, this show is not like Fantasmic. You have to get a fast pass to be able to see it, and they go quickly. You must arrive early in the morning and then it will give you the show time to come back to watch it.

My pass expired today, but I kind of want to renew just to see the show a couple more times.
    derr well thats stupid... honestly I went to disneyland just because I was in cali for a while, but man, disneyworld > disneyland like by a LOT

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    derr well thats stupid... honestly I went to disneyland just because I was in cali for a while, but man, disneyworld > disneyland like by a LOT
    They are doing it like that because the demand is so high and it is a way for them to deal with the crowd. Disneyland is better than the Magic Kingdom Park in Florida.. The best thing they have going for them is EPCOT.

DISNEYLAND > Disneyworld
    - instinct