Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone can do something?

Unhappy Someone can do something?

Hi, I'm from Argentina and fill in the form of black mamba update, I have version 1.61, and have not had responses from people from medialas. If i call is more expensive than buying a new mamba, by distance. Someone will contact some have compassion on me??? thank you very much. excuse my English (SpanishEnglish jaja)

buffff I give up, I will continue with my outdated version 1.61, have sent thousands of mails, repeatedly filling the web form, provided the number of dongle, and I have not done anything. Oh well, I will continue to shw files only. Truly speechless. Greetings from Argentina to the entire forum

Hi Elias2004; welcome to PhotonLexicon!

Sorry, but I must have missed your initial post. Have you not received *any* replies from Medialas? That really does seem strange. I do know that the upgrade process is time-sensitive. From the time they activate the download link for your update, you only have something like 48 or 72 hours to download it. After that, the link expires. But they should have explained this to you in an e-mail.

I'll see if I can get in touch with someone at Medialas and direct them to this thread.

Edit: Sent an e-mail to dirk Bauer, and copied in the software support department. Hopefully they'll reply soon. I'll post back here if I find out anything.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 04-08-2010 at 17:16.

Hi Adam, thanks for your concern. Is the system link, but it should arrive by mail, and to date I have not heard. The mails were sent to the address that appears on the website of medial, I dont know other. I really appreciate if someone could even open the contact with people Medilas. Many many thanks. The software I use for social events. here in the forum is very good show, very impressive, but I can not project any, since the 1.61 version only reads shw files. Greetings from Argentina

Smile

Hi Elias;

No problem! Glad to help out. Hopefully they'll get back to me in a day or so and we can sort this out.

I've had Mamba Black for a good while myself, and though I don't use it much anymore (I currently have Pangolin's LD-2000 system), I do sometimes fire up Mamba just to watch some of the cool shows I have for it. Just like you, I started out with version 1.61, but I upgraded to 1.9 back when it first came out. Since then they've released one or two bug-fixes, which I also installed.

One thing though: from your message, it sounds like you're trying to run the newer shows that may have been created with version 2.0 of the software. It's my understanding that the new Mamba Black 2.0 is a completely new program. I'm not certain that the old version of Mamba, even if updated to version 1.9, will play those new shows that were made with the 2.0 version.

Perhaps another Mamba Black user with more experience can comment on this...

Adam

Adam, I love the pangolin, but the cost is 4000 euros or more. To give you an idea, multiply by 5, the value for me is 20000, out of reach (damn you economy ministers jaja). Download the demo of version 1.9 and I read that 3 or 4 file format, version 2.0 accepts many more. I have the mamba and the moncha 2.0. I wish I could have pangolin, but is far from my reach (for now). Thanks

Smile

4000 euros? Ah, you do realize that price is only for the professional edition with all the extras, right? It's unlikely that you'd need all those...

I think you'd be just fine with the Intro board to start with. Maybe you'd want a license for Live Pro too, if you do lots of shows to live bands or DJ's... But there's no need to get a pro board to start with unless you're planning to do laser shows for Walt Disney or something. Most of the Pangolin LD-2000 users here on PL have nothing more than the Intro board.

Actually, if all you do are live shows, you might be better served with a Pangolin Flashback 3 system and a LivePro license. That combination is almost the same price as Mamba Black + the Medialas USB controller. But even if you did go for the LD-2000, the Intro board is only $1500... (Note that even an Intro board will still play back shows created using Pro-level features. The limit is only on new shows you create yourself.)

I have an intro board, and I love it. It's already able to do much more than I need right out of the box, and for certain it does lots more than Mamba Black can. I've had it for 2.5 years now, and I still haven't hit it's limits.

Granted, even an Intro board is still expensive. But at $1500 (or slightly less), it's a far cry from the 4000 euros you were thinking. And along with the controller and all the software, you also get over 100 shows, plus tons of ILDA frames you can use to make your own shows. It's a hell of a good value, in my opinion. (And remember, I used to use Mamba!)

Anyway, it's something to keep in mind, should you ever think about upgrading in the future.

Adam

Smile

Just a quick update: I've already received a reply from Dirk Baur at Medialas. (He answered after just 4 hours!)

He said he will look into this and report back. He also confirmed that the download links for the upgrade are only active for 48 hours, and he further stated that if the update is not downloaded during that time, they don't do anything else until contacted by the customer again. So it may be that you simply didn't download it in time...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    4000 euros? Ah, you do realize that price is only for the professional edition with all the extras, right? It's unlikely that you'd need all those...

I think you'd be just fine with the Intro board to start with. Maybe you'd want a license for Live Pro too, if you do lots of shows to live bands or DJ's... But there's no need to get a pro board to start with unless you're planning to do laser shows for Walt Disney or something. Most of the Pangolin LD-2000 users here on PL have nothing more than the Intro board.

Actually, if all you do are live shows, you might be better served with a Pangolin Flashback 3 system and a LivePro license. That combination is almost the same price as Mamba Black + the Medialas USB controller. But even if you did go for the LD-2000, the Intro board is only $1500... (Note that even an Intro board will still play back shows created using Pro-level features. The limit is only on new shows you create yourself.)

I have an intro board, and I love it. It's already able to do much more than I need right out of the box, and for certain it does lots more than Mamba Black can. I've had it for 2.5 years now, and I still haven't hit it's limits.

Granted, even an Intro board is still expensive. But at $1500 (or slightly less), it's a far cry from the 4000 euros you were thinking. And along with the controller and all the software, you also get over 100 shows, plus tons of ILDA frames you can use to make your own shows. It's a hell of a good value, in my opinion. (And remember, I used to use Mamba!)

Anyway, it's something to keep in mind, should you ever think about upgrading in the future.

Adam
    knew that brings many shows. I see videos on youtube and I go crazy. Unfortunately, in my country, to import policies are very unfair. Everything you bring from the outside, you must pay 50% tax. Of the 1500 that you name it, I have to pay 750 to the Treasury, the total would be 2250. When updating, pangolin is my first choice. time to time. Right now I'm very pleased with the 2 soft.

That is a VERY steep tax! Got to sympathise with that.