Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 445 Dichro

Default 445 Dichro

I know that LaserWave is working on a pass 473 reflect 445 dichro but I'm in a bit of a rush and am having a hard time finding out if that one will be done in time.

I have found this but its pricey;
    http://www.semrock.com/Catalog/Detai...&CategoryID=83 $195

Does anyone know if the laserwave 405 dichro will work "at all" to combine 445 with 473?

Also, does anyone know ANYWHERE that I can get a reflect 445 pass everything else for a good price?

Thanks,
    -Brooks

You wont find any cheap ones around but I have in my posession a couple of pass 473 reflect 445 dichros
    Yes they are for sale but as they actually belong to a customer of mine I will have to check the price

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Cool, Just hit me up with a price when you can.

-Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    Does anyone know if the laserwave 405 dichro will work "at all" to combine 445 with 473?
    The 405 Dichro from semrock will not work to combine 445 with 473, I am using it combine 405 with 445 and 473. It it somewhere aroun 90-95% efficient at passing 445 and everything above it.

BUMP....

....... Doesn't anyone have one of these diodes combined with 473 in a RGB? How did you do it?

-Brooks

A PBS cube coated from 473 might work okay with 445 too. I'm not sure how well but thats what I plan to do. combining the two blues with a PBS prevents your other lasers from being subject to the loss of passing through a dichro.

I was also thinking about this option but wasn't too sure. Never used a pbs before. Anyways, this may work for me if nobody can come up with a source of dichro's under $150.

So what would be a good place to get a 473 pbs and how much 445 would it kill? any ideas.......?

Thanks yall,
    -Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by KGB View Post
    I was also thinking about this option but wasn't too sure. Never used a pbs before. Anyways, this may work for me if nobody can come up with a source of dichro's under $150.

So what would be a good place to get a 473 pbs and how much 445 would it kill? any ideas.......?

Thanks yall,
    -Brooks
    Speak to insanity on here, he did this 12 months ago and got very good results.
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Speak to Rob about the new LW RGB dichros. Mine was pass blue but reflecting a whole lotta 445 so we think they're optimized for 473 I haven't measured just how much was getting reflected (and that was off the uncoated face) but transmission of 445 was only about 10%

Default Very limited supply of dichros

A PBS will work (I have used a laserwave one - same as Mark used) but it depends on how well polarised your 473 is. Its easy to rotate a diode (445) but not a 473 head so there may be losses of that wavelength.

I have available on a first come first served basis qty 4 pass 473 reflect 445 dichros which are 10x10 in size
    here are the specs

Coating: S1: HR 445 R>99% (random polarization) HT473nm T>90 %( random polarization), 45deg+/-1deg AOI
    S2: AR R<1%@473nm 45deg+/-1deg AOI

I have built 2 projectors with these dichros and they are very good and the big advantage is that you can pbs 2x473 and or 2x445 and still join them - which you cannot do if joining with a cube.
    They do need to be placed at exactly 45 degrees but work very well at this angle.

We will sell for £75 each plus shipping and like I said are first come first served.
    They have been cut from larger mirrors and as such there is some chipping on 2 of them on the plain surface (ie not the sexy coated surface) and there is still a large area that is useful and one is slightly worse that the other. If anyone is interested then the best ones will be sold first.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk