Thread: LED bars

Default LED bars

Hi guys,

Been flat out for months doing a complete Theatre stage rebuild here in NZ.
    As part of my contract I have to look at LED bar lights for up / down lighting drapes etc.

I am getting inundated with figures for this from just a few hundred to about five thousand dollars.

We do not need very top end but I am trying to avoid junk.
    Looking for about ten give or take.
    Ideally looking at RGB DMX controlled.

Although in the Theatre this is not the "theatrical" luminaires and is mainly aimed at the corporate function market theming.

While scratching my head it occured to me that some of our guys on here are very knowlegeable about LED's..

I would appreciate any suggestions (polite ones).. It may be better to go a little higher in price to get better quality and get a few less.

Anyway thanks for the help in advance..

Cheers

Ray

and no they said I couldn't put lasers in I tried !!

Give John Rollison or Chris Barbee a call at Bandit lites 865-712-6858 Tell them Shawn Told you to call they should be able to take care of you in any budget!

Have a look here Ray..

http://rigelighting.com/Products/Pro...t.php?SubID=52

I think these guys will give you great value for $$$

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Thanks guys I will follow up..

Is there a better brand of LED that I should try to find or is it just pot luck when it comes to these things..

Cheers

Ray

Sorry, late to reply. But I bought a set of 4 of the RGB LED bars. I love them for being RGB LED bars, but the ones I have, they have had some failures due to poor build quality.

Someone earlier pointed to the site:
    http://rigelighting.com/Products/Pro...t.php?SubID=52

On that page, the ones I have are identical to "RG-LW01"

The failure is just the solder joint. You can touch them up, but it takes time and dismantling the fixture.

I owned some colorsplash Jr. lights and they had abysmal build quality on them.

Note, all that stuff sold by chauvet and ADJ and all the wedding dj stuff is just imported from China, and if you hunt around you can find the companies in China that made it.

It will be nice when the bars that just have a few large RGB LEDs come down in price.

Have a look at some of the tri-led products becoming more available now. A single unit comprising the 3 RGB elements, meaning less colour shifting than with separate led's.
    I think LEDJ make a reasonably priced unit

My honest opinion. LW01 is old technology. They are ok for home wall wash but useless for anything serious. Don't waist your money. Get 3 color leds. They are much more powerful. More concentrated. They are little bit more but it worth the price. LW17 is a better option.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    My honest opinion. LW01 is old technology. They are ok for home wall wash but useless for anything serious. Don't waist your money. Get 3 color leds. They are much more powerful. More concentrated. They are little bit more but it worth the price. LW17 is a better option.
    Do you know about how much the LW17 runs? I'm looking to get about 5 or 6 LED bars as well, but not looking to spend a fortune.
    - instinct