Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Differences between software

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post

After attending SELEM and meeting Bill Benner, I think I made a wise choice. Moncha and Fiesta2 are good but, for the same money, you'll find Quickshow and LD2000 are going to give you a lot more people here that can provide you with answers to questions when they come up.

So can't wait for quickshow to work with the QM2000, how many months are left in this year?
    leading in trailing technology

Quickshow is now the dogs in 2.0.

Not quite live pro but for ease of use is very very good.

I looked at Zion recently whilst doing some research and it didn't even come close.

The Mamba demo left me quite cold as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Photonic View Post
    Softwares like Mamba, Phoenix etc. are basically the same with small differences in terms of features..
    I think.. you have never seen Mamba or Phoenix!
    Christian

I ended up going with FB3 and Quickshow is awesome and easy to learn. I really think Pangolin should put out a demo product on their website...
    - instinct

Quote Originally Posted by dstar View Post
    I think.. you have never seen Mamba or Phoenix!
    Actually, I own both Mamba and Phoenix...

My comparison is to LD2000 - you can't compare Mamba or Phoenix to it... Of course this is only my opinion and I'm not saying that Mamba and Phoenix aren't great pieces of software but there is a reason for the great "leap" in the price of LD2000 systems...

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    I ended up going with FB3 and Quickshow is awesome and easy to learn. I really think Pangolin should put out a demo product on their website...
    It is but its also suprisingly complex behind the scenes in a good way. I'm learning more and more each day and there is still a lot I don't know about such as the difference between synthesized and ordinary files and their editors, the BAM maps, the projection zones, how to use the target beams etc etc.

Theres a lot in there when you start to dig.

The main difference between programmes like Mamba is I think that Mamba is aimed more as comprehensive show construction & playback software whereas QS is aimed at comprehensive live playback.

BTW there' s a new version of the FB3 hardware out, the FB3-QS. I'm now sure of the differences, although Bill posted some technical details on here a week or so ago. I think its basically more capable. Advise you ask on the Pango forums if unsure.

first i have used and own both phoenix pro+ and pangolin ld2000pro and in my opinion phoenix is just as good and phoenix live is comparable to pangolin live pro

and after you add the cost of live and the cost of the media converter that pangolin pro comes with the price is in the same area the cost of phoenix with those additions is $3158

the one thing that pangolin has the phoenix dosent is the studio max plugin
    Last edited by VJ AIWAZ; 08-31-2010 at 03:35.

I have a full Phoenix Pro system (brand new) including Live up for sale. All plug ins included also!!! (except the mobile phone app).

Make some *REASONABLE* offers! Sorry, i didnt mean to just plop into this thread and offer a sale. but this seemed pretty appropriate here and i really just wanna get rid of this system. i have no need for it!!!

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems