Thread: Bringing your lasers on holiday ?

Default Bringing your lasers on holiday ?

If you are single and a laser/computer geek like me, ofcourse you bring your laser on a holiday. Actually it's a 2 week LAN Party i organise where people will bring robotics, airsoftguns, computers, electronics and i brought my laser (RGB 1,7W).

A lady friend who is also here made a timelapse movie of around 200 pictures out of 1100 she took during a late night lasering session. Just outside the building where we organised this party we have a fireplace , so 2 of my friends made a big fire, put on some wet branches, grass (yeah the stuff that grows on the ground, not the dutch stuff hahaha) on it and used blowers to imitate a smoke machine.

2 others filmed and took pictures while i was playing all the music and was showing off hahaha. Around 25 people sat down and watched this show and we really had fun.
    Here you can watch the video, unless you are in Germany where Sony banned it, because of the music which was used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYzT42ukYCg

Rachel made me this movie and helped me to make some awesome 3D animations , which i will show you all later !
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Hey Dimitri...nice video... what a great way to film....very impressed! Congratulations to Rachel too...well done.
    Kev
    Move toward the light!

Looking great Dimitry!

I like the smoke machine you used

Hi Dimitri

Great video. I love the improvised smoke machine

Congratulations to Rachel as well, I would never have thought of putting a load of stills together to make a time lapse video. It's a real cool effect and really captures the moment nicely. Well done.

Cheers

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Super nice Dimitri and Rachel
    http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/3985/laser.gif

Doc's website

The Health and Safety Act 1971

Recklessly interfering with Darwin’s natural selection process, thereby extending the life cycle of dim-witted ignorami; thus perpetuating and magnifying the danger to us all, by enabling them to breed and walk amongst us, our children and loved ones.

Nice effect, top job Mr.D and R! Looks like a multi-projector show at some points!

Superb, some lovely colours there.

Was this a Pango system on full sound to light then edited together to make it quicker?

Just wanted to add, lovely time tunnel effects as well consdiering the smoke source.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi all,

thanks for your nice replies.
    This was my 1,7W RGB connected to a QM2000.net
    Using LD2000, Livepro and Mamba with the LD2000.dll to play out shows.
    My friend Rachel made 1184 pictures while i was playing with the lasers and she then selected the 200 best pictures and put them in a timelapse made in Adobe Premiere.

Also check out my other post in Laser shows, scanning etc. about stuff we made using 3DS MAX, Pangolin software and Dr. Lava's ILD SoS.
    You can find it here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...DA-conversions.
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Great idea for a MIXED HOBBY meeting , ive have been moaning for years about a laser campout in UK , but nobody takes me up on it !

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers