Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Unbelievable! Scanning systems at Ebay

I think I'll stick to ..<snip>.. Lasershow Parts.
    They're the same LSP scanners that Lasershowparts sell.

i want an inflatable tube man

and I want galvos that taste like chicken

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    and I want galvos that taste like chicken
    McGalvos? ...we're just about there..

heh... I can see it now... 5 years from today, the 'breaking story' on CNN: "Thousands of 'CoolBeamz' RGB micro-projektors, the latest HappyMeal 'gimme-gimme' for your little McRobots, recalled by FDA, today, for reports of lead-based paint found on the wafer-thin baseplates..."
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

oooh someones asked a question ..... i cant be ???

Questions and answers about this item

Q: Questions and answers about this item

Can The mirrors on these scanners handle a 50W pulsed beam 532nm? 6mm beam size? And also could you possibly give a break on shipping price, It is quite high... Thanks, Allen
    A: Dear Allen, thanks for your question, the mirror can not bear up the power of 50W green. The max power for it is 10W green. Tks. Best Regards Sam
    hmmm ....

Yeah, the DT25's just use a plain ol audio amp chip. If it drives speakers, it should be able to drive galvo's.

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    heck, don't even bother with those 'messy machine screws' - use *velcro* and make the swap a snap! ...actually, maybe we could ask these 'CHOEM's to start milling the scan-blok bases-out... like LEGO
    made my day. thanks

Umm, at the risk of saying something contrary to you all-knowing, superior, big-headed lazor geniuses here in this thread spouting off (cause you know how much I give a shit if I ruffle some feathers).. is it REALLY so difficult to believe that a scan set tuned to 20k at 20 DEGREES could conceivably make 35k at 5 DEGREES? Doesn't seem far fetched at all to me.. but maybe I'm the only one here who gets things like physics.. and reading specs before I open my mouth.

Watching this mess is freaking awesome.. it's always great to see people making themselves feel big by ganging up on others. Hope it makes everyone feel good to be them, 'cause it sure makes me feel GREAT to be me here on my side of the fence!!!

Also, for the record, I have a couple sets of the spacelas galvos, and they're not so bad for the price. For someone looking for somewhere to start they're an excellent choice, they work just as good as my scanpro20s and so far they are holding up fine after a couple hundred hours of use..

And dare I say it, but I'm nearly 100% sure that the scanLSP series of galvo sets from LaserShowParts.com is (or was, not sure if they still sell them) the exact same as these.
    Last edited by ElektroFreak; 08-09-2010 at 14:34. Reason: Too much animosity, so I edited some of it out. My point remains the same.

Should the "vendor" have posted in the for sale section and not spammed this area. I think that is the main reason he got all the crap. my 2 cents. They seem allright, I like the next model up, but i'll stick with lasershowparts for them even though a couple dollars more.
    leading in trailing technology

@EF

^

Unbelievable!!

You're missing the point I think...

It's not the product; it's the bull-shit nonsense they posted along side it:
    Quote Originally Posted by spacelas View Post
    Believe yourself, believe Ebay and Believe Paypal!
    So...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS5YQVGnIzk

At least that's my view.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -