Thread: WTB: Scanpro20 Galvos or Mirrors.

Default WTB: Scanpro20 Galvos or Mirrors.

Hey all, havent been here for awhile, lol

Couple of nights ago, I was working on my scanners, and somehow my llighter fell out of my pocket, and crashed down on both mirrors

Im after either new galvos, or if its not hard to replace, some mirrors.

Ive had a look around, and contacted LSP, but no luck yet.

Anyone know of a source, or maybe have some to sell?

Cheers
    Dave

Smile

Where are you located? (Your profile information isn't filled out.)

Replacement mirrors can be ordered from Lasershowparts.com. Replacing the mirrors isn't that hard, but you may need to retune your scanners afterward. To remove the old mirror shard from the shaft, use a soldering iron to loosen the glue holding it in place, and then pull the mirror fragment out with a pair of needle nose pliers.

You can use any decent 2-part epoxy to cement the new mirrors in place. Just be sure to hold them straight and level (and centered in the slot on the shaft) until the glue dries. Fast-curing epoxy is probably best for this.

Warning: under no circumstances should you try to use superglue (cyanoacrylate-based glue that bonds in seconds) on your mirrors. These types of glues will out-gas over time, which can coat and damage your mirrors and also ruin the bearings in your scanners.

Adam

Thanks for the reply mate.

Im from Australia, really need to update my profile and post more here .

I did not notice any replacement mirrors on LSP, unless Im blind.

Ill try contact Dave again.

Cheers mate

Smile

Yeah, I don't believe they are listed on the website. But if you get in touch with Dave, I'm sure he'll hook you up. You may have to wait until Monday though. Chances are he's busy at a gig this weekend.

Since you're also in Australia, it should be a snap to get the mirrors shipped to you from them.

Adam