Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Fraud/Thief. *PLEASE READ*

Default Possible Fraud/Thief. *PLEASE READ*

Hey PL'ers-

This was posted on the ILDA forum. I personally *have* done business with this individual, and *I* did not have any problems. However, i heard first hand that he is pulling some "not so honest" dealings with other companies.

Keep aware if you get a sale from this person.

(This email was re-posted with permission)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello fellow laserists,

As most of you know, I never post on these lists and generally keep to myself, but I thought that this needed to be out within the community to help protect other sellers if possible.

I just wanted to bring to your attention that a scam artist is working within our industry. His name is Glenn Lambert from Natick MA. This person purchases items, pays for them electronically then claims that the item is missing parts or does not work. He then files a claim through the electronic payment method (usually Paypal) claiming that the package you sent was empty or the item was broken and gets his money back and gets to keep your product. We are lucky that he only took us for $16, but Fortune Lighting was not so fortunate and he was taken for over one thousand US dollars. He is currently attempting to pull his scam on Meredith Instruments. Theft in any industry is bad for everyone as it leads to higher prices for all.

If you choose to do business with this person, I would STRONGLY urge you to not accept any form of electronic payment from him.

Thanks,

Amanda Pou

One Stop Laser Shop, Inc.
    2112 Sunnydale Blvd #B
    Clearwater FL 33765

727-441-1805 Voice
    727-441-3051 Fax

www.OneStopLaserShop.com
    Amanda@OneStopLaserShop.com
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Laser Warning

Wow...

Amanda wouldn't make a claim like that lightly. And to the ILDA list too... No way she'd be doing that if it wasn't a legitimate claim. That sounds bad.

How long ago did you have dealings with him, Marc? Anything recent? (Maybe the guy is having money problems and figures a few quick scams might solve them? I dunno...)

Personally, I think I'll avoid him like the plague...

Adam

I sold him a quickshow system about 3 months ago. And all went well. He did leave me a message about 2-3 weeks after purchase that he wanted to return it though because i didnt have the immediate time for him to come to my house (yes, my house) for me to show him how to use Quickshow and his laser system though.

I explained to him that it was absolutely NOT my responsibility for customers to come to my house for me to give them 1 on 1 training on software/hardware. lol. however, i still DID agree to do it, just when it was convenient for me.

-Marc
    http://www.laserist.org/images/ildalogos/ILDA-logo_colored-beams_Corporate_150w.jpg

ILDA- U.S. Laser Regulatory Committee

Authorized Dealer for:

• Pangolin Laser Software and Hardware
    • KVANT Laser Modules & Laser Systems
    • X-Laser USA
    • CNI Lasers
    • Cambridge Technology & Eye Magic Professional Scanning Systems

FDA/CDRH Certified Professional LuminanceRGB Laser Light Show Systems

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvlasers View Post
    I explained to him that it was absolutely NOT my responsibility for customers to come to my house

-Marc
    In my best Monty Python voice: "Run away! Run Away!!!"

Hello fellow laserists,

As most of you know, I never post on these lists and generally keep to myself, but I thought that this needed to be out within the community to help protect other sellers if possible.

I just wanted to bring to your attention that a scam artist is working within our industry. His name is Glenn Lambert from Natick MA. This person purchases items, pays for them electronically then claims that the item is missing parts or does not work. He then files a claim through the electronic payment method (usually Paypal) claiming that the package you sent was empty or the item was broken and gets his money back and gets to keep your product. We are lucky that he only took us for $16, but Fortune Lighting was not so fortunate and he was taken for over one thousand US dollars. He is currently attempting to pull his scam on Meredith Instruments. Theft in any industry is bad for everyone as it leads to higher prices for all.

If you choose to do business with this person, I would STRONGLY urge you to not accept any form of electronic payment from him.

Thanks,

Amanda Pou
    IDK if PayPal has changed their policy lately or not...

I've been selling on eBay for over 2 years and whenever a customer
    claims that the contents of the Delivered package was damaged
    or not as described... the customer MUST send back the Item
    with Tracking and proof of return delivery BEFORE PayPal allows a
    Refund...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by lasersbee View Post
    IDK if PayPal has changed their policy lately or not...

I've been selling on eBay for over 2 years and whenever a customer
    claims that the contents of the Delivered package was damaged
    or not as described...y
    Jerry, I don't know the dood Amanda is speaking of but I'd believe her anytime.

The empty box thing works both directions if one is inclined to be a scammer. OneStop is not one of those folks.

There are a few around here that are, but not Amanda.

Quote Originally Posted by mophead View Post
    Jerry, I don't know the dood Amanda is speaking of but I'd believe her anytime.

The empty box thing works both directions if one is inclined to be a scammer. OneStop is not one of those folks.

There are a few around here that are, but not Amanda.
    I'm not implying that "Amanda" is not telling truth... I am only stating
    the facts about PayPal refunds as stated above and as I've experienced...

The only way that PayPal will issue a Refund and let the Buyer keep
    the product is if the Seller can not prove Delivery of the product..
    (ie... no tracking proof... no reception signature proof)...

If the Proof of reception is supplied.... PayPal will require the Buyer
    to send back the item with PROOF of return (tracking... signature)
    before PayPal will issue a refund to the buyer...

I don't know Amanda or the Buyer and I'm not is a position to comment
    on either of their characters... But I know PayPal...

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions

Jerry is correct.

I had a guy think our 405-G-2 lens holder was the same thread as the AixiZ. It is not. Instead of just writing an email, he filed a complaint with eBay and said the item was not as described. He was actually not a scammer, maybe just a jerk.
    Anyway, PP did hold the money immediately, but they did not release it to him until I had posted, or he could prove the item was back in my hands. This is not to say the system can't be beat. I hope MI come out victorious, as they would not send an empty box, or scam anybody either.

Will
    520nm Green Diodes sold @ $49
    Oclaro/ Opnext LD's for sale
    450nm, single mode diodes For Sale
    405-G-2 650-G-2 Lenses For Sale
    Low Cost CPU Type TEC w/ Heat Sinks For Sale $9

More Components For Sale on LASER66 >>LINK<<
    80% Polymer Lowers for AR
    eBay:
    LASERS4U, but stopped selling there due to Policies.

web:
    www.LASER66.com

Default Jerry is partially correct

Jerry is partially correct.

PayPal DOES require that the buyer return the item in order to issue a refund IF they even acknowledge receipt of the item. Keep in mind, he claimed that the box was empty, so therefore he got a refund. I forwarded the email to PayPal indicating that he claimed that there was no mirror in the box. I responded to him that he did not order any mirror and directed him to listings with mirrors that we offer. He then reported to Paypal that the package was empty. When the customer claims to Paypal that the package is "empty" it becomes a he said, she said and there is "technically" nothing to return in the eyes of Paypal as the customer "claims" that the package was empty.

Bottom line, if you pay for something from my company, it will be shipped to you. I am human and I have been known to make mistakes, but if I do, I apologize and correct it immediately. I personally cut the item sent to this person and I personally packaged and shipped it. He did not claim that the package was empty to me, he claimed it was missing the mirror. When I informed him that he did not buy a mirror and the listing CLEARLY states that this item is a film and not glass to be used with a mirror and laser, that is when he decided to claim to Paypal that the package was empty.

Please see below:

Dear glennbert,

Hello Glenn,

You purchased the Laser effect burst diffraction grating film 4" X&Y axis auction item #160449382152. In the auction it states High quality 4" X 4" burst effect diffraction grating film (not glass) for use with lasers and bounce mirrors. This is both X and Y axis.

If you wish to purchase a mirror for the effect grating they are available in our other listings. We have them in 4" X 4", 6" X 6", 8" X 8" and 12" X 12" sizes.

Thanks,
    Amanda

- onestoplasershop

To: onestoplasershop
    Subject: glennbert has sent a question about item #160461781584, ending on Aug-27-10 13:13:15 PDT - Laser light show front surface bounce mirror 4" X 4"
    Sent Date: Aug-02-10 11:23:35 PDT

Dear onestoplasershop,

i received your package it had no mirror please send a mirror thank you glenn

- glennbert

So yes Jerry, you are partially correct. What prompted me to post anything on the laserist list is the email that I got over the weekend. Not for an item I sold, but regarding an item sold by mi-lasers. The item contained 6 identical mirror assemblies. He is now claiming that there are only 4, although he only wanted one. I am sure that MI has in fact sent all 6 items, but he is already starting to cloud the issue and state his intention to get his money back because he has "rent" to pay. After he sent that, he followed up a couple of minutes later telling me he sent it to the wrong person. It is painful to attempt to get through, but here is what he sent regarding the MI sale.

Dear onestoplasershop,

i sent you four bounce mirrors i only wanted one but the butten when i pushed the butten it did not work so i keeped pushing untill the page changed i wrote you twice telling you i only wanted one well when when i got six i was in shock well i decided to keep two 1 just does not work i am a disabled vethow get a small check on once a month i can not pay six never mind two but i new i needed more then one in the futher i plan on buy more more then six when i opened the box there were only four plastic balls if you have to take out $5.00 a ball but they did not com in the box i have know reason to keep two balls please send me my money i need to pay my rent thank you very much glenn

- glennbert

If you were able to make heads or tails outta that fiasco then you are better than I am. I think I need a drink or two.

If you are not a seller, then it would not really affect you, but for the people that do sell items, if we as a community are aware of potential problems and risks, we can take steps to assure that these people do not defraud anyone else.

As I said before, I generally keep to myself and avoid any type of public forums, but I felt it was important to warn other sellers of a potential risk when dealing with this person.

Thank you for those that defended my honor and integrity and thank you Marc for bringing it to the PL list for me.

Quote Originally Posted by OSLS View Post
    Jerry is partially correct.

PayPal DOES require that the buyer return the item in order to issue a refund IF they even acknowledge receipt of the item. Keep in mind, he claimed that the box was empty, so therefore he got a refund. I forwarded the email to PayPal indicating that he claimed that there was no mirror in the box. I responded to him that he did not order any mirror and directed him to listings with mirrors that we offer. He then reported to Paypal that the package was empty. When the customer claims to Paypal that the package is "empty" it becomes a he said, she said and there is "technically" nothing to return in the eyes of Paypal as the customer "claims" that the package was empty.

Bottom line, if you pay for something from my company, it will be shipped to you. I am human and I have been known to make mistakes, but if I do, I apologize and correct it immediately. I personally cut the item sent to this person and I personally packaged and shipped it. He did not claim that the package was empty to me, he claimed it was missing the mirror. When I informed him that he did not buy a mirror and the listing CLEARLY states that this item is a film and not glass to be used with a mirror and laser, that is when he decided to claim to Paypal that the package was empty.

Please see below:

Dear glennbert,

Hello Glenn,

You purchased the Laser effect burst diffraction grating film 4" X&Y axis auction item #160449382152. In the auction it states High quality 4" X 4" burst effect diffraction grating film (not glass) for use with lasers and bounce mirrors. This is both X and Y axis.

If you wish to purchase a mirror for the effect grating they are available in our other listings. We have them in 4" X 4", 6" X 6", 8" X 8" and 12" X 12" sizes.

Thanks,
    Amanda

- onestoplasershop

To: onestoplasershop
    Subject: glennbert has sent a question about item #160461781584, ending on Aug-27-10 13:13:15 PDT - Laser light show front surface bounce mirror 4" X 4"
    Sent Date: Aug-02-10 11:23:35 PDT

Dear onestoplasershop,

i received your package it had no mirror please send a mirror thank you glenn

- glennbert

So yes Jerry, you are partially correct. What prompted me to post anything on the laserist list is the email that I got over the weekend. Not for an item I sold, but regarding an item sold by mi-lasers. The item contained 6 identical mirror assemblies. He is now claiming that there are only 4, although he only wanted one. I am sure that MI has in fact sent all 6 items, but he is already starting to cloud the issue and state his intention to get his money back because he has "rent" to pay. After he sent that, he followed up a couple of minutes later telling me he sent it to the wrong person. It is painful to attempt to get through, but here is what he sent regarding the MI sale.

Dear onestoplasershop,

i sent you four bounce mirrors i only wanted one but the butten when i pushed the butten it did not work so i keeped pushing untill the page changed i wrote you twice telling you i only wanted one well when when i got six i was in shock well i decided to keep two 1 just does not work i am a disabled vethow get a small check on once a month i can not pay six never mind two but i new i needed more then one in the futher i plan on buy more more then six when i opened the box there were only four plastic balls if you have to take out $5.00 a ball but they did not com in the box i have know reason to keep two balls please send me my money i need to pay my rent thank you very much glenn

- glennbert

If you were able to make heads or tails outta that fiasco then you are better than I am. I think I need a drink or two.

If you are not a seller, then it would not really affect you, but for the people that do sell items, if we as a community are aware of potential problems and risks, we can take steps to assure that these people do not defraud anyone else.

As I said before, I generally keep to myself and avoid any type of public forums, but I felt it was important to warn other sellers of a potential risk when dealing with this person.

Thank you for those that defended my honor and integrity and thank you Marc for bringing it to the PL list for me.
    amanda, your operation is stellar in every way and you have a huge following (thank God because I could tell you horror stories from the B.A. days). In this case, i would stretch things and give glenbert a slight bit of slack because he states that he is a disabled vet and the syntax and rambling train of thought might indicate that he is being truthful...but with that said...after resolution...I would NEVER deal with him again...he needs a cheaper hobby.

sincerely, Pat b
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.