Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Analog pallet correction

DZ's board is nice for fixing all the time delay problem but isn't really suitable to cure brightness and gamma issues.

Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    DZ are still selling the color board?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by infredible View Post
    DZ's board is nice for fixing all the time delay problem but isn't really suitable to cure brightness and gamma issues.

Fred.
    OK, the only analog tricks I have in real time are:
    Clip
    Square
    Log
    Antilog
    Breakpoint
    Multiply
    Add
    Threshold
    compare.

Or mixes of the above

Of course if we do a look up table in eeprom..

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

If it isn't stepping on anyone's toes, I could look into doing a digital gamma corrector/lookup table/pallette animator thing. There's a processor+DSP board called HawkBoard that sells for $80 or so and has more than enough horsepower. I got an eval version.
    It has USB and Ethernet so you could adjust it from a laptop, and it'd be pretty easy to hook up a photo-diode and let it self-calibrate each beam color gamma. Version 1 would just be a gamma correction, no real time calibration or time delay, but those are possible.

I'd need a list of desired features... thinking it would start with ILDA connectors to plug between the controller and projector, calibration sensor(s?), bypass switch... what else?

-Dan Barlow

Quote Originally Posted by infredible View Post
    This is exactly what I'm talking about
    I sent them an email to inquire pricing... I wonder how much loss do you get with that little sensor mirror/window.

Fred.
    I was talking to Fred @ one stop laser shop they installed one of these in a projector and had something like a 30% insertion loss

Quote Originally Posted by DanBarlow View Post
    If it isn't stepping on anyone's toes, I could look into doing a digital gamma corrector/lookup table/pallette animator thing. There's a processor+DSP board called HawkBoard that sells for $80 or so and has more than enough horsepower. I got an eval version.
    It has USB and Ethernet so you could adjust it from a laptop, and it'd be pretty easy to hook up a photo-diode and let it self-calibrate each beam color gamma. Version 1 would just be a gamma correction, no real time calibration or time delay, but those are possible.
    Given the thermal lensing problem, it's not going to work without realtime feedback sensing.

There is an excellent article on Pangolin's site regarding this issue:

http://www.pangolin.com/resguide03d.htm

In addition to illustrating several circuit schematics, it traces the roots of the issue through a quick history of laser projection technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    There is an excellent article on Pangolin's site regarding this issue:

http://www.pangolin.com/resguide03d.htm

In addition to illustrating several circuit schematics, it traces the roots of the issue through a quick history of laser projection technology.
    Isn;t that the same circuit DZ used>?
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Isn;t that the same circuit DZ used>?
    Hey polishedball, the color board is a bit of a hybrid, it uses features from the simple Sallen Key filter and the Ready for anything circuit, along with a few things I threw in. If I remember correctly, you got one of these from Stanwax, if you look at the bottom you should see a message giving credit to pangolin.com for the assistance with the design.

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    Hey polishedball, the color board is a bit of a hybrid, it uses features from the simple Sallen Key filter and the Ready for anything circuit, along with a few things I threw in. If I remember correctly, you got one of these from Stanwax, if you look at the bottom you should see a message giving credit to pangolin.com for the assistance with the design.
    Yep saw that on the back, just got this setup quickly tonight. Gave about an hour to it and all I can say is WOW F' Ya.
    I can't see how anyone could have a solid state projector without one!
    Color Pallet improved, all the stripes fit in the flag! things are white to start not shifting color or fading out to all red.

This thing is the greatest. Only problem is I run multiple DACs so I need to get another to integrate inline for it as there is a huge improvement on the second dac going through the Color Corrector setup that was corrected for the QM2000, but thinking I can improve it a bit with another inline prior to the one in the projector.
    leading in trailing technology

All I can say is MAKE ANOTHER RUN ALREADY.