Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2010 Show List

Lightbulb

I have been toying with the idea to make a beam show to go along with it...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    I haven't seen too many graphics shows that look that good with multiple projectors playing the same graphics. Since many of the beam shows will be pretty complex in the planning and pre-show prep requirements, let's keep the graphics shows simple, with a single projector playing the show.
    we could have some time twoards the end of the night maybe dedicated to just relaxing and watching some graphics shows?

I have a couple shows that use the same song. One is a beam show, the other is more of an abstract-ish graphics show. I wouldn't mind combining them and running them both at the same time. I only have one projector so I would need a volunteer with a projector to help try it out.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I have a couple shows that use the same song. One is a beam show, the other is more of an abstract-ish graphics show. I wouldn't mind combining them and running them both at the same time. I only have one projector so I would need a volunteer with a projector to help try it out.
    We will have at least one ILDA splitter, and possibly two. So we could link all the LD-2000 systems via the network and have them run Mike Dunn's version of the show. Then we could link Gary's controller to one of the splitters, and have a bunch of projectors hanging off that unit to run the beam-show version that runs on Spaghetti. Finally, if someone else is running Spaghetti (I'm looking at you, Chris!), we can connect their controller to the other ILDA splitter, and hang a few more projectors off that unit. So now we'd have a shitload of projectors running three different versions of the show, all at the same time!

OK - we'd still have to do the "3-2-1-click" routine to get the timing right, but so what? If we get it right, it will be epic!

I'm up for this if everyone else is. This is why I wanted the buffered ILDA splitter in the first place - so we could see some of these other shows (from other controllers and software packages) running on multiple projectors like we've traditionally done with the Pangolin shows.

My splitter has 10 ILDA output ports. Dan and Adam from X-laser are going to try to bring one of their splitter units too. If they can swing that, it will give us another 6 output ports to play with. That's 16 projectors we can link, not counting any of the LD-2000 systems.

Sound like fun?

Adam

I think you misunderstood. The show I was talking to is not a Mike Dunn show. It's two different Spaghetti shows that use the same song. I just need to combine them into two layers in a single Spaghetti show, then plug in two DACs to my computer, and hook the DACs to two projectors. No splitter is required unless we'd want to send the output from the DACs to multiple projectors. I need to test it, though. Not sure if my old laptop has the horespower but it would be fun to try.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I think you misunderstood. The show I was talking to is not a Mike Dunn show. It's two different Spaghetti shows that use the same song.
    Right. I was thinking we could run all three versions (Mike Dunn's version, the Spaghetti beam-show version, and the Spaghetti "abstract-ish" verion) all at the same time...
    I just need to combine them into two layers in a single Spaghetti show, then plug in two DACs to my computer, and hook the DACs to two projectors.
    Oh cool! I didn't know that Spaghetti supported multiple controllers like that. (Damn dude, you *have* been busy with that software!)

Ok, if you can combine them into a single show that runs on one machine, that would be much easier than trying to run it simultaneously on two different computers.
    No splitter is required unless we'd want to send the output from the DACs to multiple projectors.
    Yeah, well, that's the other part... Once we get it working, it would be mega to see the show running on multiple projectors. It just adds so much to a show. (Well, I think it does anyway...)
    I need to test it, though. Not sure if my old laptop has the horespower but it would be fun to try.
    No problem. If your laptop can't handle it, maybe we could try it on another machine? My computer is pretty lame as well (ancient P3 on the laptop, and an old, slow P4 on the desktop), but I think Chris Tate (LaserJock) has a fairly new (and powerful) laptop...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    I think Tom Sawyer would look good from more than one projector.
    Who made the Tom Sawyer show?
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Who made the Tom Sawyer show?
    Mike Dunn, FirstLight Laser -

That was a surprise gift to us, direct from Mike, at last year's SELEM!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Smile

Well, Mike Dunn made the Pagnolin LD-2000 version of the Tom Sawyer show.

Gary says that he has two other laser shows that were created using his Spaghetti software that are also set to the same song. (Tom Sawyer, by Rush.) One of his shows is a beam show, while the other one is sort of a graphics and abstract show. (Which is also a good description of what Mike Dunn's show looks like.)

So in all, we will have three different shows for that song, but as far as I know only one of them was written by Mike Dunn. I don't know who wrote the one's for Spaghetti...

Adam

LOL. No no no. The shows I am talking about are not to the Tom Sawyer song. When I said I have two shows that use the same song I meant two shows that use the same song as each other (but not Tom Sawyer).