Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SELEM 2010 Show List

Question ...sorry for the minor 'detour', but...

Yo Fle -

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    I'm down...

both tables are setup as follows...
    ..Umm, and 9 and 10?? Are they not working or something? Or were you just fondly remembering the good-ol' ML-8-days?

Lemme know... 12-pos'n table-show, down-to a 10-pos'n is, 'ok' - but a 12-pos'n show, down-to 8-pos'n?? ...Well, it won't be nearly as 'beamilicious', but I suppose 2x 8-pos'n tables is better than none...

cya
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

hah, sorry I am not all here at the moment

ok lets try that again

the tables are on DMX channels 29 and 49 IIRC... and are 16 channels each

ch 1 - SC-DMX scanner
    ch 2 - dual turrets
    ch 3 - dual turrets
    ch 4 - dual turrets
    ch 5 - dual turrets
    ch 6 - dual turrets
    ch 7 - dual turrets
    ch 8 - dual turrets
    ch 9 - dual turrets
    ch 10 - diffraction grating (makes a horizontal line)
    ch 11 - unused
    ch 12 - unused
    ch 13 - color channel - unused (but they are still there so keep this at 0)
    ch 14 - color channel - unused (but they are still there so keep this at 0)
    ch 15 - color channel - unused (but they are still there so keep this at 0)
    ch 16 - shutter - you need to hold this open (keep at 255)

the first 5 positions have mirrors, the second 5 positions have 50/50 beam splitters, so you can use more than one turret at once between the left and the right halves... and technically you can use the entire right side and one from the left with diminishing brightness from right to left depending on how many actuators you have in... you could technically fire 6 positions at once lol

the SC-DMX box is on DMX channels 1-8

ch 1 - oscillator 1 frequency
    ch 2 - oscillator 1 size/gain
    ch 3 - oscillator 1 symmetry (0% verticle line, 50% or 128 is 1:1, 100% or 255 is horizontal line)
    ch 4 - oscillator 2 frequency
    ch 5 - oscillator 2 size/gain
    ch 6 - oscillator 2 symmetry
    ch 7 - X position (50% or 128 is center)
    ch 8 - Y position

(try to not exceed <20% or >80% on position or you start to clip the edges of the image)

in this PDF there are examples of some basic stuff for the SC-DMX

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...0&d=1230792035

they may not have 12 positions but the scanners definitely expand what you can do...

I tend to use the 8 dual-turrets and then the scanners for when I can emulate whats happening on the main projector and it seems appropriate... the diffraction grating is good for "hits" too
    Last edited by flecom; 08-18-2010 at 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Right. I was thinking we could run all three versions (Mike Dunn's version, the Spaghetti beam-show version, and the Spaghetti "abstract-ish" verion) all at the same time...
    Oh cool! I didn't know that Spaghetti supported multiple controllers like that. (Damn dude, you *have* been busy with that software!)

Ok, if you can combine them into a single show that runs on one machine, that would be much easier than trying to run it simultaneously on two different computers.
    Yeah, well, that's the other part... Once we get it working, it would be mega to see the show running on multiple projectors. It just adds so much to a show. (Well, I think it does anyway...)
    No problem. If your laptop can't handle it, maybe we could try it on another machine? My computer is pretty lame as well (ancient P3 on the laptop, and an old, slow P4 on the desktop), but I think Chris Tate (LaserJock) has a fairly new (and powerful) laptop...

Adam
    My laptop will handle it nicely. Just let me know. Also, since it has Spaghetti on it now, it should be good to go.