Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Misc. (Diode/Casio Internals/Olike/Drivers/Mounts/Brackets)

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Heya Domingo:

When I get the projector in I verify all the diodes are functional and not weak by lighting the array for 15 or so seconds and then looking for dim spots on the wall through an ND filter. Thats one of the benefits of buying 140's - I've never seen a dead or weak diode, quite to the contrary - depending on the binning, some are quite hot. And no, I don't make a special pile for preferential A binned arrays, they go in the pull bin like all the others. No sense in playing favorites.

After that I clear the ESD mat, put on the wristband and heat up the iron which also has the tip tied to ground. So... Pretty safe. The brick is pulled and disassembled then I heat up the solder and pull it off with an ESD safe "Soldapult" thing. If I end up having to heat up a lead longer than 3 seconds I mark the diode to check that it's still functional after its fully extracted. I am exceptionally paranoid when dealing with these things so I desolder one lead on each diode before going back and taking the other lead to give it time to cool down. Problematic diodes that just wont let go of the flex circuit are marked and tested before bagging. Haven't had a dead one yet so I must be doing something right.

Each diode gets the pink spacer removed mostly because its annoying to work around and really makes installation annoying down the road. Most everyone takes them off anyways so I figure I might as well do it in a controlled electrical environment and then I place a .1 wingtip jumper on the leads and put them in individual ESD pink ziplock bags. When shipped They are all bagged up inside another ESD pink bag and shipped with a couple inches of ESD pink shipping foam in whatever shipping box is usable. For US buyers it's a 6x4x3 white cardboard box and for international I use the small flat rate priority box and make a cardboard wedge to hold everything securely. In the event the buyer requests "ultra paranoid" packing I add a Al foil perimeter shield and pack all that in a metalized static bag before putting it in the box.

I have yet to hear of one arriving dead and I'd like to keep it that way.
    , now that is what I call a proper answer to my question. Thank's for the detailed explanation.

If I hadn't just recieved a nasty surprise this morning in the form of a payment I knew nothing about, I would be asking you to send one over , but I'll have to give it some thought. Still, totally worth buying if you ask me.

Domingo.

Default I would like a flexmod please =)

Are there any left?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Nate
    Will there be three phase!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DanBarlow View Post
    I'd like some projector guts to play with, but I'm having a hard time finding a price for the LED (the primary part, but I might be able to use the rest). Anybody know what a fair offer would be...?
    I bought one off a forum member for $20. I've seen them go for up to $25-$30 however.

NEW, the diode is worth much more.

Ill take 2 of the diodes if you have any left?

Quote Originally Posted by Vidal Wolf View Post
    Are there any left?
    Please let me know.
    Thanks.
    Nate
    Sorry, they have all been accounted for. Interested in anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by DjMagnus View Post
    Ill take 2 of the diodes if you have any left?
    I have 17 bagged and ready to go, 8 of which are in in limbo awaiting payment.

What typically happens is that as soon as inventory looks like its going to dry up I'll order another unit or two.

PM me for paypal info and all that jazz. Thanks.

I'll definitely buy one 445nm diode from you if you have some at SELEM. Thanks.

I'd take a full projector without the diodes for $50 shipped in the US if you'd want to.