Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Misc. (Diode/Casio Internals/Olike/Drivers/Mounts/Brackets)

Default Misc. (Diode/Casio Internals/Olike/Drivers/Mounts/Brackets)

Shoring up finances for the SELEM trip so I decided to sell some of the parts I have hanging around here.

A small pile of XJ-A140 445nm diodes. Shorted with wingtip jumpers in individual ESD bags. I don't touch 130's. $45/ea

No Picture

Casio internals. I really have no idea what the current internals go for. I have 4 of these units around here that are sans diodes and an additional unit that is sans diode and LED. Tell me what you want out of them and make an offer.

No Picture

6x Olike Red modules. $9/ea

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00951.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	185.4 KB 
ID:	18682

15x Olike Blue modules. $15/ea

Name:	DSC00953.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	18680

5x SK20 olike clamps - Spacer is spring steel with a PTFE/Sintered bronze ID coating. $15/ea

Name:	DSC00956.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	270.5 KB 
ID:	18684

Misc angles and plate -12x 2x2x1, 10x 1x3x1, 8x 3x3, all .125 thick. Make an offer.

Name:	DSC00963.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	324.1 KB 
ID:	18686 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00961.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	18679

5x 4x4x2 .25 thick with 5/16th slot cut 3 inches in on each leg. Make an offer.

Name:	DSC00966.JPG 
Views:	16 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	18683

12x12 .25in thick AL baseplate. Make an offer.

No picture

Shipping is included in the price for CONUS, International is at cost. Last I checked the small flat rate boxes there were about $13.50. The larger 4x4x2 angles will not fit in that box though.

The items marked as "Make an offer" - Please consider shipping in your offer.

Please add 3% to cover paypal fees. I got yelled at by them the other day and I do not really look forward to dealing with them again.

Ships same day payment clears. First class with delivery confirmation. I look forward to waking up and having most of this accounted for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00958.JPG  

DSC00964.JPG  

Last edited by Admin; 08-17-2010 at 21:52. Reason: Remaing item count update.

I will take 1 Flexmod please.

PM on its way...

And I'll take the other 3 Flexmod 3's...

I'll take the micro mounts. Sending PM shortly.

Cheers
    Rich

will you be bringing stuff to SELEM? if I sell any of my MFE clones there I would like to buy 2x olike blue modules/clamps and 2x micromounts...

Hi,

Have the XJ-A140 diodes been used at all before or after extraction from the projector?, how were they extracted?
    Thank's.

Domingo.

change of mind as i wont have the money just yet
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    will you be bringing stuff to SELEM? if I sell any of my MFE clones there I would like to buy 2x olike blue modules/clamps and 2x micromounts...
    Yep, I'll be bringing a couple boxes of stuff to sell/trade out at SELEM. Look forward to seeing you there. I should have a pile of diodes and am considering loading down the credit card to get another 140 and doing a live extraction there on site. Should be fun and lets me feel like I am doing something productive instead of just wasting space while drinking and bitching about <insert something trivial here>.

Another thing: The "Compton" micro mounts have all been accounted for. I'll see if I can talk to Pat and get some more.

Quote Originally Posted by DPSS View Post
    Hi,

Have the XJ-A140 diodes been used at all before or after extraction from the projector?, how were they extracted?
    Thank's.

Domingo.
    Heya Domingo:

When I get the projector in I verify all the diodes are functional and not weak by lighting the array for 15 or so seconds and then looking for dim spots on the wall through an ND filter. Thats one of the benefits of buying 140's - I've never seen a dead or weak diode, quite to the contrary - depending on the binning, some are quite hot. And no, I don't make a special pile for preferential A binned arrays, they go in the pull bin like all the others. No sense in playing favorites.

After that I clear the ESD mat, put on the wristband and heat up the iron which also has the tip tied to ground. So... Pretty safe. The brick is pulled and disassembled then I heat up the solder and pull it off with an ESD safe "Soldapult" thing. If I end up having to heat up a lead longer than 3 seconds I mark the diode to check that it's still functional after its fully extracted. I am exceptionally paranoid when dealing with these things so I desolder one lead on each diode before going back and taking the other lead to give it time to cool down. Problematic diodes that just wont let go of the flex circuit are marked and tested before bagging. Haven't had a dead one yet so I must be doing something right.

Each diode gets the pink spacer removed mostly because its annoying to work around and really makes installation annoying down the road. Most everyone takes them off anyways so I figure I might as well do it in a controlled electrical environment and then I place a .1 wingtip jumper on the leads and put them in individual ESD pink ziplock bags. When shipped They are all bagged up inside another ESD pink bag and shipped with a couple inches of ESD pink shipping foam in whatever shipping box is usable. For US buyers it's a 6x4x3 white cardboard box and for international I use the small flat rate priority box and make a cardboard wedge to hold everything securely. In the event the buyer requests "ultra paranoid" packing I add a Al foil perimeter shield and pack all that in a metalized static bag before putting it in the box.

I have yet to hear of one arriving dead and I'd like to keep it that way.

Are all of the micro-mounts gone? If not I'd like one. I'll also take two o-like clamps

EDIT: missed the part about the mounts being gone.. just the 2 clamps for me then.. PM sent.

I'd like some projector guts to play with, but I'm having a hard time finding a price for the LED (the primary part, but I might be able to use the rest). Anybody know what a fair offer would be...?