Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: 32 Chanel DiscoLitez

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    474

    Default 32 Chanel DiscoLitez

    And with music WOW!
    32 1Watt leds and the center normal leds (blue and white)
    Hi all
    Eduardo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0894.JPG  

    100_0898.JPG  

    100_0901.JPG  

    100_0895.JPG  

    100_0902.JPG  

    Last edited by megaton; 08-14-2010 at 21:50. Reason: channel sorry my English

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    150

    Default

    That is one sexy LED fixture. Would love to see more pic and video. I want one

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattatya View Post
    That is one sexy LED fixture. Would love to see more pic and video. I want one
    I'm glad you like it.
    If you want the link were I find all the diagrams and the software to do this, Im happy to tell you. But may be you already now, by the name of Discolitez that, is were did I find all this, and the links to tutorials to make your own.(work also with a WinAmp plug in, awesome).
    BTW I'm doing the PCB to the multiplexer and I'm modifying one PCB that I already have for the drivers. I can give you the Artwork if you want.
    Cheers,

    Eduardo
    PS Is amassing what you can do with the plastic material that was made to make folders, and 8 rails of AL to mount the leds.
    And if my English is not good sorry.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    474

    Default

    More pics.
    But the video mm... let me figured out how to do it.

    I have other disco displays (more 70s) but modified for leds,
    3 Chanel color organs with very old pass band filters but with very nice response.
    And good displays, Like big fat candles, and also towers.(also have the PCBs for this, the fenolic ugly type).
    And a trick to slow the leds to look more like incandescents (I don't like strobe effects in leds for this).
    If anybody interested in this, I a put more pictures.
    And sorry the towers look more like VUs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0893.JPG  

    100_0897.JPG  

    Last edited by megaton; 08-16-2010 at 00:28. Reason: Ups

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    150

    Default

    I have never hear of that website before and I now have a 2nd favorite forum to join. I don't know much about electronics. Looking to learn and LED's are a lot cheaper to burn up then Laser parts lol. (for the most part) BTW your English is great and thanks for hinting the site. I have been looking for a good LED forum to join.

    Cheers,
    Matt

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattatya View Post
    I have never hear of that website before and I now have a 2nd favorite forum to join. I don't know much about electronics. Looking to learn and LED's are a lot cheaper to burn up then Laser parts lol. (for the most part) BTW your English is great and thanks for hinting the site. I have been looking for a good LED forum to join.

    Cheers,
    Matt
    Hi Matt

    I'm glad you like it.
    And also on CandlePowerForums I find info and goody's about leds and Lasers and...
    Maybe you already now this, but just in case.
    But here is my favorite place.

    Cheers
    Eduardo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Bummed out the DiscoLitez is acting up and I have not been able to register in the forum. Even sent an email to the webmaster and that bounced back in email. They have some memory issues on the site keeping it from working properly on my end

    Looking forward to seeing it back up.

    Cheers

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattatya View Post
    Bummed out the DiscoLitez is acting up and I have not been able to register in the forum. Even sent an email to the webmaster and that bounced back in email. They have some memory issues on the site keeping it from working properly on my end

    Looking forward to seeing it back up.

    Cheers
    Hi Matt

    You are right I think this site is dying. So download everything you can.

    Cheers

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    387

    Default

    Post some video of it if you can!
    - instinct

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •