Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My 1W 445 Module build using 4x Anamorphic prisms

hi jim
    its opposite to how it looks but if you place the diode so the middle pin is at top then that will be vertical polarisation which is what you want ,but it has to be spot on for the prisims
    to work properly,
    cheer chris
    and hurry i want to see blue pics of the laser sort
    Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post
    Can anyone tell me - if I look at the front of the 445 LD, is it pretty obvious which is the Fast Axis?
    I am guessing the FA is 'across' the diode so to speak with the beam looking like an expanded version of the 'chip' that I see in the diode?

So, if the diode is fitted in it's mount with the 'chip' laid horizontal, the FA will also be horizontal and the SA vertical? Yes??

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i was able to get a spot down to about 8x3mm at 40 feet using four prisms in a row. there were some some power loss due to waste beams off the prisms, but the beam was still pretty bright (sorry i didn't meter it). there was some noise around the spot, but it would be pretty easy to chop most of that out.

I have finally found a little time to start my 445 build to replace the now sold 300mW 473 I had in my RGB.
    The module will be Die4 TEC Chilled and the diode will be powered using a single Flex driver. Both of these will be powered from a single 6A SM 12v supply.
    The diode will be housed in a modified Meredith mount with an Aixis 405 3x lens collimator screwed into the front.
    It will incoperate 4x P1t8ull Anamorphic Prisms with 2 of them expanding the slow axis and the other 2 the fast axis. This in theory, going on Simons 3% loss per prism findings, should give me just over a watt of a good, clean, round beam; if running the diode at around 1.2W output.

Pics below of the build so far:
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

A couple more pictures of where I am at so far.
    @ 10 meters I have a spot 10mm x 15mm. A few more small tweeks should make that a little better I am hoping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4693.JPG  

IMG_4692.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Very neat Jim ....looking good

Are you getting a celeb in for the BIG switch on? and is it being televised?

Nice work mate
    K
    Move toward the light!

Default nice

nice one jim
    next time you fire it up please could you measure the beam at apeture and at 20m
    just curious to compare against what i got
    thanks
    chris

I cant at 20m Chris, my yard isn't big enough.
    I may be able to stretch to 15m but will let you know.

Kev - I have Jordan coming around for the switch on - that way i can finish off the stupid tw#t and do everyone a favour.
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

I cant at 20m Chris, my yard isn't big enough.
    I may be able to stretch to 15m but will let you know.
    Use a fs mirror to send it back. This way you could strech to 2x15m

here,s my testsetup doing 500mw of blue 445nm. After seen smogthemog using two pairs i decided to try that also. The spot size is 8mm after 6.5 meters. The spotsize is perfectly round using two prismpairs. I dont own a powermeter but it hurts when i touch the beam This is just a quick setup. I have done slightly better when adjusing the secon prism pair. Both pairs of prism are at brewster angle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080722.JPG  

P1080725.JPG  

P1080720.JPG  

I guess what you are doing there is expanding the slow axis to more or less match the original fast axis thus a near dot - but with high divergence?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

you can try it yourself if you have that second prismpair i have 5 sets of those because you never know when you might need them do you have that second pair of prisms?

I tried both positions horizotaly and verticaly and that didn,t work. At least not with a vertical beam out of aperture.