Default mirror

Yeah jim rip out the mrs vanity mirror and use that
    lol, I did, It stops hurting after a while

@ every one else you realy need to set up your beams
    at least 20m beacause that's where the beam starts to
    get ugly again, just my opinion though after two days solid
    testing

Thanks for the tip badger!!!

I placed my test setup in the hall and pointed it al the way through the kitchen right at the back of the wall of the toilet. The distance is 13.5 meter.

The first picture is showing the distance. The second showing the beam size hitting an aluminium plate in my toilet. This was done with one set of prism pairs (3th picture)
    Beam size 4mm after the prisms and 14mm when hitting the aluminium plate. 4th picture dual setup with two sets of prisms behind eachother and the beamsize in the 5th picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080744.JPG  

P1080740.JPG  

P1080746.JPG  

Last edited by edison; 08-24-2010 at 09:20.

This is the same setup only with two prism pairs. First picture is the setup with two prism pairs and the second showing the beamsize at 13.5 meters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080747.JPG  

P1080750.JPG  

Last edited by edison; 08-24-2010 at 10:09.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i did a lot of testing with two prism pairs...

but, eventually just settled on a single pair. the beam was acceptable and the losses were lower.

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    This is the same setup only with two prism pairs. First picture is the setup with two prism pairs and the second showing the beamsize at 13.5 meters.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Great to see al the new setups. This is my last test:

This time without a prism pair but different lens then the test before.

First picture without a prism pair. Second with one prism pair. 3th picture with two prism pairs and the last with the round dot the lens is slightly out of focus. Sorry for hyjacking the tread smogthemog. But its for a good cause i gues. To get everyone the best beamproperties
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080759.JPG  

P1080763.JPG  

P1080762.JPG  

P1080767.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by smogthemog View Post

Kev - I have Jordan coming around for the switch on - that way i can finish off the stupid tw#t and do everyone a favour.
    Can I bring a gun too Jim and have a pop - pleeeeeeease

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Looking good edison, thanks for posting the photos. Check the order of the 2nd and third of the last set.

Excellent work Edison, and NO you are not hijacking the thread - it's really good to compare results between all of us

I have made a right angled bracket arrangement now but am awaiting the setting of the epoxy resin for the 2x prisms. I have no further time tonight to go any further with it so will have to show some beam tests tomorrow night

Pics below of the bracket in position and then the 2x vertical FA prisms in situe, waiting for the glue to harden.

I guess it is my Aixis 405 lens in front of the diode causing this but if I remove all the prisms and just shine the beam onto my shed 5 meters away the stripe is horizontal. If i then project the stripe onto something 100mm or so away the stripe is vertical!
    It changes from vertical to a horizontal plane at around 2M away from the lens????
    This means my SA correction is done with my first set of 2x 'laid down' prisms and the FA correction is done with the last 2x prisms on the L bracket.

EDISON - I SEE NO LASORB ON THAT 445!!!

Rob - Yes you can mate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4695.JPG  

IMG_4696.JPG  

IMG_4694.JPG  

--------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i did a lot of testing with two prism pairs...

but, eventually just settled on a single pair. the beam was acceptable and the losses were lower.

Hey Swamidog,

What current you running your 445 at in this setup? Does the diode holder get hot at all or are you TE cooling it?

Cheers
    Rich