Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: My 1W 445 Module build using 4x Anamorphic prisms

Default tracking thread

tracking thread for info on my RGB 5W build
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Default why

please forgive me for my ignorence, but why all the prisims in 445nm beam line? Would'nt a collomater work to clean up the beam? or are they being used for another reason? I just to undestand and learn.
    BEAMANN (GODSLIGHT SHOWS)

Default tracking thread

working on first 1W blue with prism pair so printed out the template, will test this afternoon if i can improve the setup.

Michel

gravediggers in action. ready set go!

So okay, i was given the zoof's PDF template, but since i also watch your guys photo's on this topic i have the feeling you all set the prism's on a different way.
    So i need more instructions how to use Zoof's template. is the white arrow the beam thats coming? at exactly that arrow?
    Then the laser needs to touch the prisms that way like in the template and then done?
    You are unique! Just like everyone else...
    Mum: What do you want for breakfast? Me: Lasers Ofcource!

the answer would be "yes, yes and yes"

don't feel like a gravedigger, to me, this is one of the most usefull 445 posts ever made
    "its called character briggs..."

Quote Originally Posted by LaNeK779 View Post
    the answer would be "yes, yes and yes"

don't feel like a gravedigger, to me, this is one of the most usefull 445 posts ever made
    thanks then i know what to do this saturday hope it wont be a disaster to place them.

Default Ziss iz a ZINGLE !!

B-Queen...See attached Pic. This shows a single 445LD....mounted in a Brass Diode Mounting set for 5.6 diodes...from Laser Show parts. The best lens for collimation seems to be the O-Like Glass lens for 405/445 from O-Like. This lens is threaded and screws into the frt. end of the Brass Diode Mount. For beam correction...the Anamorphic prisms are placed in the beam path. The distance between Collimation lens to the first prism is typically kept rather short....15 ~ 35 mm. Position the prisms as shown....use the Zoof Templete....and you will acheive good beam profile....both for the Nearfield and Farfield. I should note that TEC cooling WILL be a good add-on for this diode. A TEC, finned heat exchanger and small fan will need to be added to the underside of the optical platform/base. WATCH your fingers while adjusting the collimation lens !!! " Oww...Shit....You Dummy " has been heard in Terrawatt Labs....MANY times!!!

Note: ZINGLE = one 445
    ZUUL = two 445's
    ZOD = four 445's

BEAM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zingle Concept V 1.0   11 30 2011.JPG  

Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !

i have it running at low power first when im adjusting the G-1 lens. then when im done and the dot runs normal im going to put in the prisms, and after that im going to turn it back up to ~650mW.

thanks for the image, very useful

oh but wait....now that im checking that image futher...The beam will actually be moved a bit? i already got my 445nm mounted. should i drill new holes or do you guys think it will still fit the dichro's?

BQ.....Yes...the A-prisms do off set the beam propagation path....the drawing shows about 7mm off set. In reality...the off set is more like 4 ~ 5 mm. And Yes...start thinking about relocation of your 445 LD unit...you may need to......although....you will have some beam steering ability with the second prism....perhaps.....you could go that way !!! Your blue beam will then NOT be in a parallel to your Red and Green....So what....just adjust your Dichro to compensate...and you may be just fine. Good luck.

BEAM

Quote Originally Posted by borgqueenx View Post
    oh but wait....now that im checking that image futher...The beam will actually be moved a bit? i already got my 445nm mounted. should i drill new holes or do you guys think it will still fit the dichro's?
    Beam Axiom #1 ~The Quantum well is DEEP ! Photons for ALL !!
    Beam Axiom #2 ~Yes...As a matter of fact...I DO wear tinfoil on my head !!
    Beam Axiom #3 ~Whe'n dout...Po ah Donk awn et !!
    Beam Axiom #4 ~A Chicken in every Pot, and a Laser Lumia in every Livingroom !!
    Beam Axiom #5 ~"Abstract Photonic Expressionism"....is "Abstractonimical" !!
    Beam Axiom #6 ~ "A Posse ad Essea" ~ From being possible to being actual ...is the beam target !