Thread: WTB Galvo tuning service.

Exclamation WTB Galvo tuning service.

I got a set of 20ks from a user on here i did a bit of tuning but i have gotten only a bit better or worse maybe.
    i tried to walk it down to zero then go back up as a tutorial i printed out said.
    I Am not sure if its the amps my software or my audio card,
    My audio card looks to be the older version of the card its square shaped not l shaped.
    I would not mind doing a live stream and paying someone to give me tips and or send the whole unit out to someone.
    I would like to try the first one and if i am still stuck i will pay to ship it both ways and what you charge for time.

!Someone please help!
    you can email me directly
    kiyoukan@gmail.com
    or use
    sheepplayer@gmail.com
    I would even put my cell if it was not dead...
    I have a web cam but its not the greatest but it should work.

As we have said over and over, telling us where you are might be a help.....
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I just bought s set of 20k galvos. to upgrade from my old 12k tuned to 15k.
    I wanted to tune these galvos to 30k at an angle around 5-8deg.
    But i am running into many problems to a point where i cant tell where they are.
    1 i am using LFI player but even after reading manual not sure how to use it fully.
    I have the rate set to 30,000 and set what i think the angle at 8 and tried to walk the scanners back to zero then back up but it got them back up and it looks the same as i started.
    Looking at my componentts further i look to be using an older sound card, i think its the original version of it. its a square not L shaped maybe its not right. I bought it from a member here pre built.
    I spent a good long time 4+ hours trying to get these right and no improvement.
    Thinking about it it might even be my pc but its the only one that has xp on it.
    i could always reformat pc back to xp but i dont want to waste that much time to find out i did not have to.

you completely missed my point
    I meant where on the planet you are located if you are looking for help knowing your proximity to a potential helper will be kinda useful.
    Also you may be expecting a bit much to try and retune. Often the difference between scanners of a higher spec. is a more sophisticated driver design plus closer mechanical tolerances in the scanner motor itself.
    even at a reduced rate you will be pushing the scanners beyond their limits.
    Its like trying to soup up a mini metro to do 200mph
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I am located in USA MI, sorry i am a vet on lpf and i am used to my location being listed.
    Well i was told the scanners could do all the way to 35k at less 5deg so i thought that i would be able to get 30k at 8 or even i would be happy if i could et them set at 25k
    I just want these to write a 8 letter word.
    My name "KIYOUKAN"
    Once i can get that and it looks right i am happy as heck but right not when it tries to do just "KIYO" it looks crappy my 12k gavlos did it better than these 20ks
    Sorry i missed something.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Im in Akron, Ohio. Which model do you have ?

Or send to SELEM with PolishedBall and we probably can get to it there.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Lightbulb

I have yet to see a set of 20k scanners that will make text look decent... All of them I have used are only good for beams.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 08-15-2010 at 14:00. Reason: I am an id10t and said graphics instead of beams...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

They are scan pro 20s
    http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs...mps-53911.html
    This is where i had bought them from.
    i would not mind sending them to selem or where ever or even mailing them to someone with my setup. i just want them to work...

I am located in USA MI, sorry i am a vet on lpf and i am used to my location being listed.
    It is if you just take the time to go to your profile and fill it in
    And you don't even need a fancy title to obtain it!