Thread: looking for about 1 watt of 660nm.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Default looking for about 1 watt of 660nm.

something that's reasonably inexpensive, analogue, and not too much of a flashlight.

this is a nice price, but i'm concerned about the curse of cheap chinese lasers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1000mw-650nm-red...efaultDomain_0
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Stay with a 660nm laser IMHO. The 650nm divergence is more of an issue to tame than the 635..... from the lattice structure 660nm does a lot better for collimating into a decent beam with smaller chip sizes. 19 emitter chips are capable of producing great beam specs now with hybrid lensing....not for the faint of heart on the price though. I was told near $8K for the diode {20 watt HHL} and lensing package. It seems the GB on the 642nm 1/2 watt diodes is unobtanium at this point. Sad too. This could have simplified a lot of balance issues. Hopefully it will come up soon with people having diodes in hand. See this...better beam specs and not so far away....http://www.ultralasers.com/proinfo.p...age=1&featured Use of a telescope will help with beam size
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

pm me if you wana discuss a custom build.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    something that's reasonably inexpensive, analogue, and not too much of a flashlight.

this is a nice price, but i'm concerned about the curse of cheap chinese lasers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1000mw-650nm-red...efaultDomain_0
    I have one of those lasers and it still sits in its box... Got it around a year ago and haven't yet managed to stop laughing at the awful beam it chucks out... Very bright but after around 5 Mtrs the stripe is about 80mm wide and 10mm high, from memory.. Stick it in a big venue and it will do a liquid sky all by itself with no scanners

Mark

stay away from snoctony and his old And used lasers. I bought an 800mw from him and the laser puts out 750mw for 30sec the. It goes down to 400 and flips between 400 and 600 every 10sec. Very very unstable and the beAm is About 20millimeter at 300mm distance. Worst lasers I have ever come across. Moore people here can sayyhe same thing about these lSers you can make better beam by combining 4 x 650nm with knife edge And bathroom mirror.

Very bad lasers and in this case you do t get what you pay for!!!! You get worse.........

i dont know i got an 800mw that does 900mw stable all day
    the beam is horrid but no worse than other high power 650's i have seen from others like cni ect...

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    inexpensive... not... a flashlight.
    good luck on that....

short of combining 4x LOC's or something... and 1W of 660 is not very bright

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i'd be happy with a 660/640 combo, if i cold find a decent source for 640 diodes.

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    good luck on that....

short of combining 4x LOC's or something... and 1W of 660 is not very bright
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Or you could build one with this setup

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ing-red-diodes

Ad 4 open cans a flexmod ,die4chill and some quality lensen and your done
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1080645.JPG  

P1080646.JPG